Chapter One

'The End' said my computer screen. Damn, is Kick Ass good. I'll watch the second one tonight.

I got up from my bed and turned on the lights. Looking around my room, searching for my phone. On the desk, where it's always been. I grabbed it and head out to the kitchen while playing Ariana Grande's song, Break Free.

Oh food, I love you, you're always there for me. I grabbed a knife when my phone starts ringing. Really? Right when Ariana was about to hit those high whistle-tones too.

"Hello?" I asked. A creepy minute full of silence passed. "Avyanna, you sound just like you would eight years later." A women's voice.

"Ahah, who is this?" I asked. Eight years later? What is this crazy women thinking?

"Oh right. It's me, Mytah, you're older sister. I'm pretty sure you forgot about me. I got kicked out of mom's house when you were five years old. I got shipped to bootcamp in Arizona when I was fifteen. Now I'm twenty-six years old. And you're only fifteen. That's Mithel's age, right? Oh wait, he's eighteen. Man, time flies by pretty fast. I heard he moved in with you guys because he needed space for a research? I'm not sure, anyway I just wanted to call to say 'hi.'" Mytah said, which sounded like it was all in one breath.

I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl. "Well, I really don't know what to say. Hey?"

Mytah laughed. I could tell she's pretty. Of course I know. I remember the day she got kicked out.

✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢

"Mom, stop. Don't do this! I'm sorry it won't happen again! Just please don't let them take me away!" Mytah begged.

"You slutty whore! How could you do this to me?! I raised you the best I could and now look at you! A fifteen year old having sex! I do not want a child like you under my roof! You're going to bootcamp. An all-girls bootcamp. Don't bother packing your drugs or your slutty clothes. They have uniforms there."

I stood in the hallway. Watching everything unravel. I can see everything happening. My mom crying while yelling at Mytah. Whooping her with a stick while Mytah lays on the couch, covering herself with a thick blanket, crying. They're both crying for the exact same reason.

They hurt each other. And knowing how much it hurts they both cry.

I can also see Johden standing on the stairs watching them with wide eyes. Am I the only one who isn't scared. Feel and look numb? I guess so.

✢✢✢✢✢✢✢✢

"How's mom?" Mytah asked. "She's doing great. She went out half an hour ago to her friend's house. Even though Mithel is home I still feel lonely."

I tucked the phone between my shoulder and head. And then walked to the sink. My back facing the front door.

"How's Mithel doing anyway? You know, I'm only ten minutes away from the house. Want me to drop by?" Mytah asked.

I laid the knife on the counter and started twisting the stem off the apple. "Mithel is doing fine, he's researching some weird pill downstairs in his so called lab. And if you-"

Before I could finish my last sentence I was interrupted by an intruder. "Thanks for enlightening me where Mithel is, darling."

I dropped my phone but made sure it was near by. Then turned to my left towards the stove, slowly.

The man that spoke is roughly around Mytah's age. But he's shorter than me. One of my advantage.

He has another guy going downstairs with a shotgun by his side. I wonder if he has any other guys.

Before I could even make a sound I felt a sharp pain on the bottom left side of my back.

"Too bad one of my guys has to kill you. Who knows what else you might say once I leave." The intruder said, leaving out the front door.

A guy came from behind me and followed him, leaving the knife in my back. He turned around to look at me and quickly turned away when we made eye contact.

Idiot bastard. If you're a so called killer then next time actually kill the person.