CHP 1 !¡ FUTURE

Jeongin gasped awake, his body tingling uncomfortably. His eyes had snapped wide open, although began to cringe at the sudden intake in warm summer sunlight, the familiar colour of his white ceiling glaring back at him.

He shut his eyes, trying to make sense if what he could last remember. Which turned out to be a vivid image of him flying around a room, Chan's hand tightly intertwined with his own as they suddenly-

"Absolutely not..." he muttered, head suddenly throbbing at the strange dream, voice scratchy and throat dry. He wasn't sure if the entire first date had been a long dream or if it only that part, because now he found himself in his bed the morning after.

Or atleast he thought it was his bed, as he slowly lifted his arm to rub his eyes, bringing the soft silk quilt with him.

Jeongin paused, face turning into a confused frown, clutching the unfamiliar bedding and his heart beating loudly in his ears.

His neck was tense, but he slowly glanced to the side of him, where he was met with a peacefully sleeping Chan. His mouth was slightly open as silent snores passed his lips, face smooshed against a blue pillow.

Jeongin, understandably, screamed bloody murder, kicking away from Chan and unceremoniously plummeting to the floor. "HOLY FU-"

The impact ran throughout the warm coloured room, and Jeongin startled as Chan suddenly shot up from the bed like a jack-in-a-box, equal amounts of fear and confusion etched onto his face.

But what was terrifying was that this was not his Chan.

This one had more softer features, not as sharp and angular as the one he remembered from (apparently) only minutes before. His hair was now longer and back to its original dark brown, not its dyed blonde or grey- something Jeongin had been trying to convince Chan to do for years.

"What the- where am I?" Chan groaned, holding the side of his head as he looked around the room in fear, "Fuck! Jeongin?!"

"I'm...here..." he breathed out, and in an instance Chan had crawled over the bed and onto the side where he was still sprawled on the floor. He peered down, their faces only inches apart.

Up close Chan looked more comfortable with himself, maturer- older.

"Holy shit..." Chan breathed, his eyes slowly glancing over Jeongin's body, before he suddenly scrambled away and nearly fell off on the opposite side.

"Uh- you're..." Chan muttered, facing the wall, and only then did Jeongin take in his broad shoulders (he was shirtless for the love of god) and his boyfriends pink ears, "You know...uhm."

Jeongin looked down, only to be met with only his boxers, somehow mocking him. Cheeks flaming, he pulled the dark silk sheet off the bed and onto his exposed self, as Chan promptly got off the bed and stood in the middle of the room, in only pajama pants. He cleared his throat awkwardly, before stretching his arms up as if he was not completely flustered.

Good lord, Jeongin thought as he stood up, confusion hammering at his chest.

"Where the fuck are we?" He hissed when Chan turned his head slightly around to see him.

Chan scoffed teasingly at the sight of Jeongin wrapping the quilt around him, but quickly averted his eyes to the many pictures framed on the wall infront of him.

He walked over slowly, reaching out to gently graze his fingertips over one of the smaller ones mounted on the wall.

"This looks like...your graduation photo." he barely whispered.

The picture looked candid, featuring a visibly older Jeongin dressed in a navy cap and gown, a certificate rolled up with yellow ribbon in one hand. The other was holding Chan's hand tightly, as they smiled at eachother like they were the only ones in the entire world.

Jeongin's heart felt heavy and somehow guilty as his eyes traced the other photos. Some of them was just them by themselves, or with groups of people he didn't know. Then one at the beach (was Chan incapable of wearing a goddamn shirt?), infront of the Eiffel Tower, infront of what seems to be a house and-

His stomach dropped.

Chan was the first one to comment on it, voice strained, "Is that-?"

"Our wedding photo." Jeongin breathed, not being able to rip his eyes away from the gorgeous picture.

They looked so happy, joy practically travelling through the picture and into their hearts. Both dressed in crisp black suits, in what may have been a rose garden. An arc covered in white flowers draped above them, the light shining through spaces of the leaves and vines.

If the door hadn't swung open right at that moment, Jeongin was sure he would've been sick.

The door frame rattled as the door collided with the wall, and Chan visibly cringed as some of the picture frames rattles from the force.

"Daddy!" A high pitched voice shouted, "I'm going to be late for school! Again!"

At first, their seemed to be nothing there, until Jeongin looked down.

There stood a little girl, in all her 3' glory, her bed hair sticking up ferociously as she wore the most obnoxious space pajamas. And she was looking right at Chan, absolute fire aflamed in her small 5 year old eyes.

"Holy shit."

"PAPA NO! YOU NEED TO PUT A COIN IN THE SWEAR JAR!"

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀
kid fics? marriage
au's? literally what
else do i even write?
this is pretty much
all my books sksks.

SUN '1 SEP 2019