K 5

'Reflecting in the mirrors is the appearance of your soulmate'

He always knew he was different.

Why you may ask?

Because all his life, all he saw when he looked in mirrors was himself. Nothing but the small, scruffy child that was him. His scraggy body and unkempt chocolate locks. His dull grey eyes glaring back at him, contempt shining, blaming everyone, especially himself for his forever lonely and pitiful life.

Sighing, he cast a final look at his reflection before heading out to college, despite only being 17, he seemed much older, almost as if his grief stricken eyes and the dark circles beneath them aged him so. He had 4 classes today, all he needed to do was keep his head down and all should be fine.

The whispers and stares started as soon as he stepped onto campus, looking around he raised a brow, noticing his gaze a group of people spun away from him, snickering. Taking no notice he carried on further into the campus, heading to his first class.

The class was over within an hour, though to him it felt like a few dull mere moments. He had half an hour before his next class, it took 5 minutes to get there so he had time to take a little stroll around the large campus. He'd been studying Cyber Security and IT for around a year now and was about to head into his second year for both courses.

His next class, programming, consisted of 5 other pupils. The teacher was a kind middle aged woman who had soft green eyes, a delicate face and short black hair. This class was his favourite, he felt he could be himself, like no one would judge him for who he was and what, who, he didn't have. No one in the class talked about their soulmates and what they'd do when they meet and find them. They had bigger priorities, such as their coding and getting through the college year.

Taking his seat in the middle of the class he sat down, prepared for the lesson to begin. The teacher walked in with another person and stood at the front, addressing her 6 pupils while gesturing to the newcomer, "we have a new transfer student, why don't you all introduce yourselves to him?"

A gasp escaped him as their eyes locked together.

He wasn't alone after all.

His eyes shone and heart pounded against his ribs, afraid it might burst he held a hand over it, as if that would stop it from jumping out of his chest. The newcomer introduced himself as Jay, smiling softly at Jay, he introduced himself as Kasey.

Jay smiled back, waving up at him, which he found cute, "it's a pleasure to meet you Kasey."