Chapter 2: Sexy Smirks And Sincerity Are A Dangerous Combination

ChapterComplete!!*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*Magnus-Magnus-Magnus-Magnus-Magnus*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Seriously what the HELL just happened? He's a freaking psychic, how did he not see this coming?!

Maybe it's still a touch of jetlag?

He did move clear across the country...that could throw anyone off...

Y-yeah...that must be it,

Okay, I mean it's not totally unheard of for a psychic to miss something. 'Psychic' doesn't mean you automatically know everything; it's a hit and miss kinda thing, but still...What the hell?

How does an annoyingly hot Boyscout of a detective actually get one over on him? And it's not just some little bluff or inconsequential thing- he got him to agree to be partnered with him! And now he's stuck. He was here, paperwork's all went through, his deposit on his apartment already cleared, along with his signing of his two year lease. Hell even his two best friends are already settled in; Raph with his new location for Chaos and Clary with her occult shop.

He's here and he is partnered with an annoyingly hot, intelligent, highly skilled detective who apparently may be almost as skilled at reading people and manipulation as Raph...

Only with this Detective Lightwood it wasn't a psychic ability...he was just that good.

In general he'd find those skills quite welcome and useful- but that doesn't apply when said skills are turned back against him. Credit where credits due; it was kinda impressive- even Raph couldn't generally play him, and he had the whole enthralling, mesmerizing, magnetic thing...

At least Alec's sneaky, sneaky scheme doesn't come with the almost hangover of a psi Vamp feeding, so if anything there's that.

Even so this w-

"Oh come on now; you're not gonna sulk all day just because I got one over on you, are you?"

Magnus startled,

Damnit...now he's sneaking up on him...

Damn jetlag,

Magnus sighed, rolling his eyes, turning to face the pretty Boyscout jackass- otherwise known as his new partner.

Man that's gonna take some serious getting used to

"I'm not 'sulking' I'm just getting my desk set up. And FYI you may as well enjoy it cause that's the only time it'll ever happen. It's my first day and I still have jetlag...I'm off my game.