The Traitor

[ WARNING ]

[ AUDIO FILE CORRUPTED ]

[ DATA MAY BE AT RISK ]

[ WARNING ]

"Nexus! Watch out, Steel Cove is here too!" Said the voice over the other side of the radio. Nexus spoke up in a lazy tone and replied with "Yeah yeah, I know Provolone, I know." Nexus was panting heavily as the Steel Cove units were raiding the Phoenix Base. They flooded in from all directions. Did they know Nexus was a spy for Phoenix? They couldn't. "They're coming after me!" His voice boomed over the radio as all the gunfire crackled the voice itself. "Get to the exit, NOW!" Provolone shouted at him over the radio and cursed at him for being too slack, Nexus ignored her snarky comment. He looked up and saw he was only halfway there. His now dirty and ripped jacket and combat pants were in terrible condition and were only slowing him down from the gear that was on it. 

Suddenly, a thud could be heard from the other side. The units seized fire. "NEXUS? NEXUS?!" Provolone's voice echoed over the radio as Nexus's body was slowly fading away. Another voice was heard over the radio and said "Yep, another Phoenix Spy. Government is pushing us hard to squash both sides, but you know what they say. The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Provolone couldn't believe what she had been hearing. From the other end, she was tearing up with the sad news of his 'death' and angry at him for being the traitor that sold out Halcyon.

[  CASE REPORT ]

24 hours ago, Nexus, a top-notch Operative of ours was claimed to be dead by his partner Provolone. He has also been claimed to be the Phoenix spy we were all worried about. A crew was sent to find his body and dig it up. However, they never found his body. Several trails of blood were found but all of them stopped at some point. The markings of the ground were scratched with what appeared to be helicopter landing marks. The status of Nexus will be given an MIA report. Multiple search parties will be dispatched all under the same goal of finding Nexus. This file will remain in the hands of Coordinator+ as we cannot risk it getting out to the underworld that the best criminal organisation was compromised by one man. One man working for an enemy organisation. Phoenix.

-Wren.

[ REST OF FILE ]

"Nexus, a 23-year-old master Infiltrator you say? He looks like a master hacker and thief. I've read his logs Agent-1 and he's top-notch Halcyon quality. We'll hire him." A muffled voice had said this. "Good [REDACTED], I told you my guys were top notch. I'll get him on a job after he's taken through the briefing." The other voice was presumed to be Agent-1.