Chapter 2

Looks of disdain and disgust were evident as I walked towards the crowd of demons, all looking exactly the same as I used to see in mangas the younger recruits I trained would read.

I gave them a glance as if to challenge me. One who shared the same features of a Minotaur, large and built, in particular growled loudly stepping forward towards myself and I cracked a grin. That small gesture halted his movements.

"So the giant man comes to intimidate a fragile human woman? What're you going to do big guy? Sit on me?", the simple sentences caused them all to back away but I can say for certain it wasn't because of my provoking words.

I wanted a fight, any fight. Being cooped up in a library learning numerous things about the history of this world from Iris was beyond boring, yet necessary. And the easiest way to earn another demons respect was through fighting and I am all for that.

As expected, the history between the two races were troublesome. Although I learnt that there are many more then just two races that walk upon the surface of this world, confirming even more that this is a fantasy world.

But knowing that there are more enemies in this world that could harm my child made me want to spar with the demons within this palace even more. To measure the difference between us, to measure how much power or how long it would take to kill anyone who tries to harm my baby.

I turned to see the demon lord glare at the Minotaur who tried to challenge me, carefully holding our daughter in his arms. She must have sensed her gorgeous mother for she looked straight into my direction, giggling and making grabbing hands at me.

I completely ignored my surroundings and rushed to her side, swiftly taking her out of her fathers arms. I saw a look of  disbelief on his face as I grabbed her but did I give a single care? Of course not.

"How's mommys' favourite girl hmm? I missed you so much!", I softly spoke, spoiling her with all the love I could give her, something I was never allowed to display as an assassin.

Her infectious giggle caused me to laugh as I gave her small kisses all over her little face. Even though it had only been an hour since she was in my arms, it had felt like an eternity to me.

My baby's outfit could not be more perfect, like it was straight out of a medieval novel. The frills, the dark coloured dress complimented her skin tone and hair. I must ask her father to give the designer a raise for sure.

"Oriana!", a familiar male voice startled me causing me to jump in fright, although my daughter laughed at the weird expressions on my face.

Her father sighed helplessly.

"The ceremony is starting now."

Right yes, absolutely. I needed to respect their ways of how demons name their children so I oblige without complaint. I want to learn more about their race so I can raise my daughter to appreciate both of her heritage.

The demon lord and I, together with our daughter walked towards an altar of some kind. With his army surrounding us, all looking at my daughter with sincere respect, none of the hate they showed me mere seconds ago.

An elderly man, draped with thick beige clothes who looked similar to a human, bowed low in respect to the man beside me whilst bowing out of courtesy to me too, walked forward with my daughter. Reluctantly I gently passed her to him. He mumbled a few inaudible words as another person wearing the same clothing stood near him holding up a small jar.

The elder dipped his fingers in the jar and pressed them lightly unto my daughters forehead, arms and the centre of her belly. She looked at me and her father before making baby noises, wiggling her small arms and feet.