Chapter 61

yoongi cared for jungkook.

this fact was established just after the younger boy began contact with the older one. despite yoongi's attempts to disguise and shun away the thought of letting him in, his cheerful yet sincere words that he typed away at his phone everyday had slowly chipped away at the wall he had built in front of himself. no matter how hard he had tried, the cute but tall boy had burrowed himself deep in his heart.

and. now that the boy is so tightly attached, yoongi will and would do whatever he has to keep a smile sewn on to his pretty face.

so, the older boy was currently on a dreary drive all the way to jungkook's house in order to keep his smile in catching radius. the drive would take over an hour but the blonde knew of the long, demanding drive this trip would pull from him; more mentally than physically.

but yoongi was willing to sacrifice everything and anything for the boy who had captured his once cold (now warm), heart. the boy who now sat at home grieving over the loss of someone who held the other half of his heart, and the boy who yoongi wants to salvage from his slow, heart-wrenching torment.

the night was bare. no stars were visible behind the large clouds that were scattered aimlessly across the delicate canvas. instead, the clouds had a slight tinge of coral, laced expertly between the small windows that which displayed the shadowed canopy that lay behind the white, silky mist.

apart from the sky, nothing else was worthy of the older man's attention; especially because if he was too distracted, it may not end with him in the younger male's arm. and that was his worst nightmare. just the thought of the brunette boy sitting on his bed, waiting and waiting for yoongi to show up and cradle him, and love him. but he never arrives. the thought of how distraught he would turn, knowing another person in his life was taken before their time.

no. yoongi would never leave the boy with more pain than he could manage. in fact, yoongi wouldn't ever leave the boy at all.

he shook himself out of thoughts and concentrated closer on the road. nothing caught his eye other than the long, white lines that guided him down the dim road which seemed to missing one too many streetlights.

soon enough, yoongi had parked his car in the driveway of jungkook's house. to his surprise, no lights were visible from outside which could mean the younger boy had fallen asleep...which would also mean the drive here was worth nothing and he'd have to drive all the way back when he'd much rather spend the night with his favourite boy.

disregarding the time he dropped him off home after their meeting, this is the first time the blonde boy had had the chance to look at jungkook's house. it was painted plain white on the walls, only with a hue of yellow detectable. towards the house there was a glossy, wooden path leading towards to the front door and the back gate which was also made with a polished wood. other than that, the house itself looked entirely cosy.

yoongi brought his phone out and sent a single text letting jungkook know that he was outside and waited patiently before the door was held open, revealing a tired and disheveled boy. his voice, too, was croaky and sounded tender. "come in" he managed to whisper.

as he walked in he instantly felt himself relax. the aura in which his house carried immediately tugged him in further.

"it's not much, but it's home." a small voice called from behind him. turning around, he felt a small strain against his heart as he saw how small the younger boy had made himself in hope of some sort of protection.

jungkook walked forward and took yoongi's hand while leading him towards his own room. the older man noticed how bland the house was, no sign of any exotic or daring piece of furniture was in sight. even the carpet was a mere creamy white colour. he shrugged it off as a taste of environment as jungkook does live with a fellow friend.

as suspected, jungkook's room was monochrome. the colours of black and white painted the ceiling and the walls, matching his bedcovers and his wardrobe. the lamps were a dark shade of blue with a pale white lampshade. in the corner of the room sat a faint red armchair which faced towards the window that opened to a small balcony.

the older man waited for the brunette to say something but after a few minutes of pure silence he turned around to see him stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame. he called out to the boy but received no response. "jungkook?" he gradually made his way towards him, placed two fingers on the boy's chin and lifted them up so he was in direct eye contact. the view in front of him broke his heart.

jungkook's eyes were glossed over completely with tears and were slightly red from the irritating liquid that fell gracefully. once again, yoongi placed his thumb gently on jungkook's cheek and swiped away his pain with a single move. "you're safe here, with me." he breathed out. the younger boy threw himself on to the smaller male, knocking him off his feet and guiding them both on the bed with a thud. quickly, jungkook stuffed himself in to yoongi and covered his embarrassment in his warm shoulder. a small smile made its way on to yoongi's face. despite his sadness, he still found safety in one man. he was glad that one man was him.

"do you want to talk about it?" he asked softly but jungkook shook his head rapidly, rejecting the idea as a whole. "do you want to cuddle?"

jungkook didn't even reply, he just scooted up in to bed and placed the bed covers over himself while making grabby hands towards yoongi who chuckled smoothly and followed him up in to the bed.

he wouldn't admit it but the younger male loved the feeling of having the older man's arms wrapped around his waist tightly, he felt secure and safe in his hands. yoongi spoke up for the last time that night before placing a loving kiss upon his head. "i'll keep you safe through the night, i promise."

<dedicated to my two closest friends who always stay by me and especially help with my stories. exstisup and kimtaehyungskpop are actual angels and i don't tell them enough. thank you guys 💜>