Eunoia

I run through the streets. My feet starts to hurt everytime I switch lanes. Those dark figures were following me at a very hasty pace. There was nothing else to do, but to run. They've been following me since I went into our local grocery shop. I no longer have in hold my paper bags, but all I could muster up are ways for me to get out of this situation.

I turn right into a dark alley way that I don't know much of. I haven't ventured out to this part of the city. I ran as fast as I could. I jerked through the trash bins and was stopped by a dead end. I punched the wall as some sort of way for it to be get ridden of.

At this time the dark figures were coming closer. Their eyes were glowing. The middle figure came closer to me holding a dagger.

"What do you want from me!" I screamed as I pushed myself onto the wall. This is how my life will end. I've seen tons of scenes in movies that had this type of scenario. It never went well.

The gut feeling I had was telling me to say that I was ready to die. Accept the fact you're dying like this.

I could already see it in the local newspaper "Girl stabbed to death in a alley way."

I silently prayed. My body was failing me right now. I was collapsing. The dark figure was holding the dagger high enough for it to kill me.

"Goodnight Cloven" The dark figure said before everything became a blur.

A single shot sounded as the dagger pierced through my shoulder. I screamed.The pain was unbearable. It was spreading through my body. I finally collapsed on the ground.

Everything was happening so fast I didn't know what to do. I held my shoulder as I bled.

The darks figures were moving in swift motions. I no longer had my vision. Everything seemed to be blurry.

"Cloven!" I heard a voice yell before it finally became pitch black.

I awoke from my sleep. I was sweating profusely. I was panting really heavily. Every night this would happen. The same dream would play on and each night it would become more graphic. I dreaded sleep.

Jupiter, my guardian barged into my room. "Cloven are you okay?"

I was still panting. I held my head in my hands. There were whispers that we're going through my ears. I couldn't understand them, but they were getting worse by the minute.

Jupiter came rushing to me. She shook my body to make me snap into reality. She yelled, but I could no longer hear. I could only hear those whispers.

Peregrine went inside my room looking frantically. I was practically screaming right now. I don't know what to do.

The whispers were calling out for me.

Cloven

You must go back to Entropy

Help us

We are in trouble

Save us

We need you back in Entropy

I felt a pinch on my arm and I slowly felt myself calming down. Jupiter caressed me as Peregrine was trying to stop me from moving.

I dread every night of sleep. I dread the forces that were trying to pull me somewhere. I dread the whispers of despair.

I dreaded the forces of the dark.