Put it all on the table

N/A HEY READERS! Hope you enjoy the story this chapter is a little lovey dovey I know but that's what happens when I watch romantic movies and write lol but I digress, Enjoy ^_^♥

"Dahlia you have to sleep sometime, not that I don't like staying up with you but its not good for your health." "Don't tell me what's good and not good for me Kieran, the chick trapped me inside of my own head I'll be damned if I let her do it a second time." Drinking my last can of Monster-which has kept me up the past week- that little sugar high bursts me to life.

That day she stuck me inside my head I realized something. I'm terrified of my past more than my future. Sure I mean those things have already happened,but to be forced back into feeling it again. Scariest shit on earth. "Dahlia, you don't need another Monster here." Taking my last can he replaces it with his hands. "You know Natasia isn't here, we can do just about anything." Anything huh? I really want to get into his Anything mood. But something has been nagging me for the longest.

"How did you meet Catalia?" Leaning away from me furrowing his eyebrows the way Natasia does. They may not be related by blood, but they defenitely have the same facial expressions. "I told you already."

"Noo you told me why she cursed you,not how you guys met." I say reaching to grab his hand in mine pulling him back to me.

Leaning closer kissing my cheek he takes in a deep breath rubbing his nose up my exposed shoulder to my neck. "You smell delicious." He mumbles. Okay Dahlia don't get distracted, focus on the question. "N-no tell me." Pushing him away so I don't melt into him the way my body so desperately wants to.

"Kieran come on how did you guys meet?"

Resting his elbow on the table smoothing his hand across his face he sighs chuckling slightly. "Like you know already, we met when we were younger about 16-17 in human years."

"She was beautiful, absolutely breath taking inside and out."

"Her voice was like the sweetest thing I've ever heard,her touch-god her touch- it sent me into a frenzy, I had to have her." "The sway of her hips the look in her eyes, everything about her was just as dangerous as me but just as kind aswell."

"We were the closest of friends, me being prince to the Phoenix clan I had alot of associates but she was my one true friend. Her family ruled the underworld, but being the deadly pair we were, we spent our time venturing into the portal leading straight to hell quite literally."

"Of course we got in the worst trouble being down there, but it was worth it." Like an old person remembering his past, that far off look coats his eyes. "We had a special connection like no other, but we were just good friends. Maybe she took that as me having an interest more than a friendship but I didn't. I just wanted her because of her body but that's all. I told her I loved her and the rest is history."

He basically used this chick because she was sexy, he's a damn dog. What the hell does he think of me? If I wasn't essential to keeping him alive would I even be worth his time? "Did you ever for a second love her?" "Nope just her body, maybe I loved her companionship but someone I'd spend the rest of my life with? Never."

"What about me, if I wasn't essential to you would you even like me?"

Glaring at me his fangs run out scaring me shitless. I trust he won't hurt me but there is nothing sexy about a pissed off vampire. "Don't even think like that you hear me, ever." "I didn't have any drive other than sexually towards that woman, every pureblood vampire has another half out there waiting for them." "She hid you well I'll give her that, but I was so determined to find you. Catalia was a wonderful friend and makes for a worthy advisary but if she harms a single hair on your head I'll end her." "I love you because you were meant for me, I don't care if you are the reason I'm still alive right now I love you for you."

I didn't know what to say to that, speechless doesn't even begin to describe what I felt. This isn't the first time he's said he loves me but this time feels different. It was the most sincere anyone has ever spoken to me. I didn't know my mother long enough to feel loved, I didn't feel the love from my father, and love from the NAVY psh please. The only person, I knew without a doubt loved me was Gabby but she had her damn memory erased.

"I don't know how to feel about you Kieran, I mean you are sweet but how can I trust someone who's played someones heart? You've totally broken some girl beyond repair and she wants you de-" "You don't think I know this?" He bellows rising from his seat the chair exploding away crashing violently against the wall. "You don't think I wish I could take it all back?" "Dahlia look at me, what do you see?"

"You want the truth!?" I yell rising from my chair pounding the table with my fist. "I see a man who's betrayed a woman's trust, a man who killed a child, a man who's keeping me here against my will so he can survive, because let's be honest that's what you're doing!" I screech raising my hands. The look on his face pains me to the core but I have to say it.

"BUT... you regret what you've previously done, you saved a child that would've died without you, and you love me which is more than anyone has ever done for me." Taking the short walk around the table climbing on to his lap I wrap my arms around his neck looking him dead in the eyes. In those eyes is so much love my heart swells with pride at being that important to him.

"Kieran Phoenix, I love you so much it hurts. As much as I don't want to love you, as hard as I fight it I can't. The thought of losing you would kill me, I can't think of a better person to be with than you."