Crossroads and Sunflowers

I vigorously worked through my homework that I did not even notice the time. It had rained earlier and I guess the rain soothed me. It was already 9:45 that I forgot to take a break. My dad wasn't home and he would be getting home late so I decided to heat some ramen noodles and just watch TV. After a quick dinner, I returned to finish up my homework. The night was still and not even the sound of crickets could be heard. The moon was shining brightly reflecting off the puddles from the rain. As I did my last pre-calc problem I shut the book angrily and put my hands on my face. Why was this happening? I wanted to text Eliza but she was probably with her boyfriend and I already texted Andrew leaving me with nothing to do except watch tv until I fall asleep. I sat there in my quietness and stared at the mysterious book that was a gift from Selena. I had only skimmed through the book and could not decipher the meaning of the symbols. I reached over and began reading the book. 

The book contained information on plants and then went on about the star constellation. As I read what thought was just a few pages I was on the fifth chapter where it talked about "Familiar spirits" on the moon angels and even demons. I was intrigued but still confused. I looked at two pages containing very odd and exotic names of these "angels and demons and their hours and days. Two names stood out to me which I said out loud. The name "Gabtel" and I dragged my finger to the next name "Opnax". As I said these names out loud the old grandfather clock ringed. It startled me but I just kept on reading. Gabtel was an angel and his demon counterpart was Opnax. The demons for the 24th hour for Wednesday. Which goes into Thursday. It was my bedtime and I decided I had enough reading for the night. I closed the book and put on my long sleep gown and dived into bed. I glanced at the book one last time and turned off my dresser lamp and nodded off. It was daytime and I was casually walking down a crossroad that was near a sunflower field. It was sunny and I felt at peace and joyous. As I reached the center of the crossroad I saw this very handsome guy walking towards me with a big grin on his face. His grin was a bit mischievous and flirty. I was a bit apprehensive because whenever I see a grin like that on the face of a guy like him it is always nothing good. Especially with Aiden and his friends. 

He finally approached me still grinning and he reached out and held my hands. He had blondish curly hair and green eyes and stood at least 6'5. I was going to say something then I heard someone walking behind me. His grin disappeared as he looked over to the person who was approaching us. I turned around and another handsome guy who had dark hair and blue eyes came towards me. He was the height of the guy who was in front of me. The new guy smiled at me but frowned at the blonde guy in front of me. The dark-haired guy put his hands on my shoulders. There I stood in between two guys I have never seen in my life having a staring contest. It was so bizarre and I wanted answers but then I woke up. The sound of a thunderclap caused me to jump up in my bed. "Sweetie I'm home are you alright," asked my dad. "Yes I'm fine," I shouted. I looked over at my dresser clock; it was midnight. It was finally my birthday and it was storming something fierce outside. I laid back down taking a deep breath. I turned over and looked at the book again and then thought about the dream I had. I thought about those two guys in my dream. The dream seemed so vivid like it was real. I could still feel the texture of the green-eyed guy's hand on mine. I also felt the indentation on my shoulders from the dark-haired guy. It was all a dream but it felt so real.