Chapter 2 Jasper

Young Jasper up top!

All I could feel was the cane coming down on my shoulder, Sir. Isaac frowning down at me. "Boy you need to focus or you'll get your self Killed!" He all but yelled and I knew he was right. I couldn't help it Opal was on my mind again. Hoping she would be at Kynick's party tonight.
"All right boy were done for today, you can't seem to keep your head in this." He sighed and walked out. I felt bad, but didn't at the same time. I mean I train everyday, one day won't hurt. I let my mind slip to Opal again, and I know I'm going to get her to come tonight.
I made my way though the Forrest and with in 20 minutes I'm at her house. I see her mother gather herbs to make potions, and look for Op. I hear her in the chicken coop and I go behind and gently scrap the back side wall, knowing it would spook her. Within minutes she comes out and looks around, I stand behind a tree cross by, her sent making its way to me. I love how she smells, it's like the first snow fall. I notice she made it all the way behind the coop and I make my move.
Without effect I have her pinned to the coop her eyes widen with fear as she looks up, the fear melts away.
"Don't look at me like that Op." I hear my voice harder slightly, I can't help myself though I love the way her eyes widen like a doe. She says sorry and something about how she gets scared, and I replayed that I knew, focusing on her sent and inhaling deeper.
"Jasper could you let me go?" She asks lightly, making me want to do the opposite. Wanting to see her blush I push against her more, her innocence, her pale skin, and dark hair, and Opal colored eyes drags me in. As a prince I should want a princess, but Op is what I want, she always has been, and always will. 
"Why Op? Do I scare you when I do this ?" I lean down and whisper on her ear letting my lips graze her ear as I do. I feel her gasp, I know she feels the same way for me too, just to innocent to see it.
She doesn't answer me, just nods her head and looks lost in thought. "Opal are you listening to me?" I asked and she looks up at me with wide eyes. I know she didn't but I can't help but tease her.
  "I asked if you was going to Kynick's party tonight ?" My tone suggesting I want her to go. She nodded and smiled at me, and I smiled back, knowing tonight I would taste her lips,
I held my self back long enough. If I don't act now someone will try to take Op for them self's, and that thought didn't sit well with me.
"Okay I'll meet you there I'm going to go get ready, it starts around 10:00 pm." I say to her as I turn and start to make my way home. I hear her say "wouldn't miss it" softly just before I'am out of ear shot.

I went up to my room, and put on my cloak, and tied my hair into a braid, went down stair and join my family for dinner. I ate quickly, trying to leave as soon as possible. As I made my way through the dense Forrest, my mind kept wondering. 'Would she even kiss me back?' I know she has some feelings for me, but the question is how much?