I remember long ago

{This is my first story on my new account and I hope you like it,this is my idea of what happened between Ruby and Fernando all those years ago and how they fell in love.English is also not my first language so please bare with me if I make a mistake} 

Mexico 1959

Ruby Sheridan a young girl of only 16 was now packing her suitcases,after the incident her mother told her she could pick any place she wanted to go and she chose Mexico.Ruby saw this as a chance to change her life,to try and put her terrible childhood behind her and start over,as far away from her family as possible...

Ruby's POV:

I have just finished packing and mom was taking me too the boat,thank god we lived near the dock otherwise she would have driven me crazy.I still cant believe she chose that vile old man instead of me.Quite frankly I am very happy to leave everything behind,I think the only person I'm going to miss is my best friend Cassie,mother said she could come with me but her parents refused.

"Well here we are Ruby,please don't get yourself in trouble,here take this"my mother said as she handed me my passport,some cash and my ticket for the boat.

"I wont mother,besides why would you care if anything happened to me in anyway"I replied taking the stuff from her as well as my suitcase,I was just about to climb on the boat when she stopped me.

"I would care because you are my daughter and although it doesn't seem like it I love you"she answered whilst giving me a hug.

"Whatever you say,love you too"I replied and with that the boat started moving...

I decided to sleep,It as going to be a long trip and I figured if I stay awake I would give myself time to change my mind.

...

The boat just arrived and everyone was climbing of,I just helped an older lady because she almost fell,she looked kind and knew the place so I had asked her for directions and was now on my way to a little hotel near a supermarket.I was still walking when suddenly I tripped over something in the road and my suitcase burst open,leaving all,my belongings on the floor.

"Need some help?"a man asked as he stretched out his arm to help me up.

"Thanks"I replied as I stood up,only to kneel back down and try to put all my stuff back i my suitcase.To my surprise he knelt down beside me and started helping me.I could feel the people of the town watching us and some people were laughing.

"Thank you for helping me,I really appreciate it,without your helped the people would have stared longer"I said once everything was back in,whilst laughing.

"No problem,I take it your new here,where are you going?"he asked looking oddly concerned 

"Casa Decu,I think,am I on the right way?"

"Nope,but follow me I'll take you,my name is Fernando by the way"he replied as he took one of my suitcases and started walking in the other direction.I picked up the other one and started following him.I wonder why he is helping me...

"My name is Ruby...so,Fernando,why are you being so kind to me,for all you know I could be a murderer"I said once I caught up with him.

"For all you know I am"he replied looking at me seriously,after a few moments of silence we burst out laughing and started walking again.'It was getting late and I dont know how much further I can walk' I thought to myself as we were approaching a big building.

"Well Ruby,here you are,are you sure you are going to be okay from  here?"

"I should hope so"I replied as I took my other suitcase from him,he smiled at me,nodded and started walking away.I then realized it was late and that it would be cruel if I just left him alone in the dark.