Chapter Two (Part One)

"The sirens are blaring! We need to go now!"

"But what's going to happen to everyone!? What about my parents, my sister and Erica!?"

"Damnit Blair we need to go now!"

  I woke up gasping for air. Was I dreaming? I couldn't see anything but I could it hear it, the sirens, the panic in our voices. My body was in a cold sweat, and then I realized I had no idea where I was. Tattered blankets were draped over me and there was blood stains on my clothes. I slowly sat up feeling every ache and bruise on my body. I small headache was starting to surface. "Morning cherry head. You've been out cold for quite awhile now." Oh fuck.  I knew I must've blacked out again, but the last thing I remembered was a gunshot going off. I looked up to find Bloodhound on the other side of the room, leaning against the wall. Sunlight pouring in from the broken glass door. It was only for a second but I swore I saw a small look of concern come to his face. "What am I doing here?" I finally spoke. He was a good fifteen feet away from me, but that didn't mean I didn't feel safe being alone with him. He raised a eyebrow at me, probably just as surprised as I was for speaking to him. He looked out the glass door now, hiding his face in the sunlight. "You passed out, don't you remember?" I didn't. When I didn't answer he continued anyways as if he expected me to ignore his question. "I was trying to get you to tell me why a vault dweller was causing such a hysteria." There was slight anger in his voice now. I looked down at my blood stained clothes. Memories of what happened was starting to come back to me. I remembered I followed him up here, then Ivy showed up and saw that I was alone with him and attacked me. Last I heard was the gunshot going off, and Ivy screaming at him. "You shot her." I muttered mainly to myself, but I knew he heard me. "Pff. She had it coming to her, if not from me then someone would've done it eventually." This angered me now, yes I despised all of them for taking my hostage and holding me against my will but hearing someone who was supposedly the leader not caring for someone else's life; especially someone who was part of this horrific gang was just unacceptable. 

  Just like how you didn't care about Dane as you left him behind back at the vault. My eyes widened. Why did I just think that!? I did care. I do care. Do I? "I need to go back." I whispered to myself. "You're not going anywhere sweetheart." How did he? "That's what all of them say. They think they can get themselves out of this. Hate to break it to you though. No one leaves, till they're dead." He was looking at me now, his green eyes were shining  in the sunlight but they way his eyes looked into mine; I could tell they were full of hate. I just sat there staring at him, he had to be toying with me again. I didn't want to take his words seriously, but then again what else could I do though. If I tried running away they would kill me, but if I didn't try to do something to save myself who knows how long I would survive being held captive. I looked away from him now. I was going to die either way, but if I was going to die I just needed to figure out why. "I-If I'm going to die.. C-Can I at least get some answers?" It was worth a shot. I'm sure he was used to having people pleading for their life. "Only if you answer my question first." He spoke. The tension in the room was starting to get heavier, I didn't dare meet his gaze this time.  I gave him a small nod. He waited for me to speak. "I-I really don't know what you're talking about." That didn't seem to please him, he was soon in front of me now. I backed up as much as I could, but the wall behind the bed stopped me. I was pressing my back hard against it. Feeling the bruises that were left there by Ivy. I wanted to cry out, but I held my breath. Bloodhound was leaning in on me now, slowly getting closer till his face was inches away from mine again. My body temperature was starting to rise, along with my heartbeat. "Wrong answer." I didn't know what he wanted from me. I really didn't know how to answer the question. I had no idea what he was talking about or let alone anyone for this matter. 

  I opened my mouth to speak, but a loud bang came from the doors that kept me in here and I couldn't help but feel a small bit of relief. "Bloodhound, what the fuck are you doing now? We were supposed to head out an hour ago. Viper is getting pissed." It was another voice I didn't recognize. "Tsck. Fuck you." Bloodhound said to himself. I felt the heat of his breath on my face, making me shiver. He was clearly pleased with how uncomfortable he was making me feel and a sly smile came to his lips. "We're not done here cherry head." He said moving away from me and making his way to the door. Leaving me still with my back against the wall, at a loss for words. Once I heard the click of the door locking I snapped out of my trance. There was a few exchanges of vulgar words on the other side of the door and then heavy footsteps moving and soon fading. I was alone for the first time again. I made sure to listen to any other noises that indicted I wasn't truly alone.