Chapter 4

When I left Artemis's tent, the sky was still dark. Snow fell to the ground caking the landscape like vanilla frosting. I swept my gaze about the new world before me, taking note of everyone's position. Especially the hunters'.

The hunters where all bustling about, taking down tents, checking supplies, and going through the basic procedures of breaking down camp. The girl who had just taken the eternal maidenhood oath was following around the Zoë, the older hunter giving her a tour while barking orders to the others. The boy from the tent was standing away from the tents, another boy, a girl with short hair and strange clothing, and a... male succubus? An incubus? Whatever he was, they all seemed to be talking. And by the way they'd periodically glance in my direction, I could tell they where talking about me.

What was that boy's name again? Dan? Darren? No, David? Yeah, David Jackson. Huh, Hestia said that my surname is Jackson too. Maybe their talking about how ironic that is. Or that he shares his last name with a freak. Probably the later, that's what the people from my world would be talking about anyways.

Then the sky started to finally lighten. Artemis came out of the tent and stood beside me. "Finally." She muttered. We started walking towards David and his group as she continued to mumble to herself quite enough that no normal person could hear. I did say normal right? Cause I believe I established that I am not normal, meaning I heard every word of her whispered rant as clear as though she where talking in her normal speaking voice. "About time. He's so-o-o lazy during the winter."

"So you're, um, waiting for sunrise?" David asked.

"For my brother. Yes."

David looked at Artemis skeptically. As if he didn't know if she was being honest with him.

"It's not exactly as you think," Artemis said. David looked surprised while I sat confused. What did he think the sun was?

"Oh, okay." He said, his shoulders relaxing. "So, it's not like he'll be pulling up in a-"

A sudden burst of light on the horizon could be seen and a blast of warmth could be felt.

"Don't look." Artemis advised. "Not until he parks."

I could be wrong, but if s goddess tells me to do something, unless it's stupid I'm going to do it. So I averted my eyes and saw that everyone else was doing the same. Once the heat became near unbearable, the light died.

I turned back around and my eyes widened. A man looking about my age sitting in the front throne of a strange red contraption. He had sandy hair and, what one would consider outdoorsy good looks. He had striking blue eyes, a playful smile, and wore a pair of uncomfortable looking blue trousers and a sleeveless shirt.

"A red convertible Maserati Spyder... awesome..." David whispered. I looked over at him but didn't say anything. I could be wrong, but that contraption didn't look anything like a spider. More like a horseless carriage.

"Wow." The girl in the strange clothes muttered. "Apollo is hot."

"He's the sun god." David pointed out.

"That's not what I meant."

I had to hide my smirk at the gaping maw of David's. After all, their voices where so low that only they should have heard each other.

"Little sister!" Apollo called. His smile was a blinding white, almost as bright as the sun. But according to these people he was the sun so I shouldn't be surprised.

"What's up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!"

"I'm fine, Apollo." She said with an annoyed sigh. "And I am not your little sister."