Table of Contents

Welcome to The Table of Contents for this short story tournament. Stories will be added as this book grows and the competition continues. The contents will include the story title, a short summary, and a genre listed below to make it easier for me to go through, as well as for future readers to pick and choose which stories they want to read. Thank you for your time!

***

Chapter One: Gone in the Morning 9/8/19

Secret playwriter and Opera Serparano, Elizabeth Cadieux, is drowning in secrets. After a short affair with a man that leads her husband to his death, Liz is compelled to run. Beckoned to a masquerade ball, Liz plans this to be the party for the end of her life.

genre: historical fiction

Chapter Two: Juro 10/1/19

When eight-year-old Juro Yamamoto is instructed to write about his biggest fear, secrets begin to ooze out of the crevices of his life, and slowly but surly his startling home life begins to become unraveled. Will Juro be able to keep this harrowing secret to himself? Or will everything come undone?

warning: mentions of child abuse

genre: fiction

Chapter Three: Tremaine 11/14/19

This Cinderella twist follows Lady Tremaine--the evil stepmother that almost prevented Cinderella from going to the ball, and finding true love. But where there is evil, there are stories, and Lady Tremaine's wicked past is a lot less concrete than it appears to be.

warning: murder/gore

genre: historical fiction, epistolary