A WEEK BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS...

Jade was having an uncomfortable feeling about his Math papers. "What went wrong?" He thought. Knowing himself, math had never really been a problem to him. For God's sake he just got an award for most outstanding student in a math quiz recently, not to mention his previous math records of A's and occasional B's. What exactly was his problem? Was it too much concentration on soccer? Or too little concentration on his books? Perhaps he kept thinking about his girl friend who recently got expelled... (Thats a long story not to recall). It really bothered him. What would his dad ( who by the way had all A's and a C in English in his WAEC and JAMB results) think of him, what would his friends think of him? Oliver obviously got an award for best in math this year and Josh got best in Further Math, Wow what high level of frustration... All he could boast of right now is the recent announcement if being a new member of the broken heart Club.
This sucked
Here comes Josh. He said something about coming to school with his PS4. well at least that should calm him down a bit with all this pressure on him and stuff. Josh came with his regular school uniform; a white T-shirt with dark blue chinos and a waist coat with an embroidery of the schools logo, Destiny Christian Academy.
"Bro you look pale,been thinking too much lately?" Said Josh
"Yeah. I don't wanna talk about it. D'you bring your console?" Said Jade trying to fake a smile.
"Course I did how bout your end, the HDMI cable and the extension wire?"
"Yah. Its in the class. Come on."
They sprinted up the stairs and connected the PS4 to the projector in the class room.
They sat there for about 2 minutes setting up before Adam showed up.
Adam had a new haircut, an afro about half an inch tall and he wore a black leather jacket on top of his school uniform. That's Adam for ya. Always dressed up looking rich as he is. For some reason Jade felt like he was forgetting something really important. He had no idea what.
In about 30 minutes the class was filled with 11th and 10th graders taking turns to hold the control pads and play FIFA 19. Of course it wasn't illegal, Paul Ethan, son of the founder of the school and 12th grader did the same thing yesterday. If they got punished, he should too. They were counting on it.
"Jade !!!" Yelled a familiar female voice from the corridor.
She sounded angry. When she walked in the classroom, for some reason there was silence in the room.
"I've been waiting for you in the hall for the past 45 minutes !!" Said Danielle.
Jade had promised to teach her a song earlier that morning and right now he had completely forgotten.
He calmly got up, suddenly feeling embarrassed and went over to meet her and have her a hug. He'd known her to have a yelling spirit which could easily be tamed with a warm spirit of welcome-ness.
"I'm sorry, I totally forget. Lets go."
Danielle had been a really close friend to him. Everyone around him seemed to understand that coz they never gave any teasing comments as to whether or not they were dating. Of course they weren't, though some times Jade felt drawn to her. It was usually odd so that's probably what kept him in check around her. Then again recently Danielle had been acting quite strange around him, when ever he came a bit TOO close, which happened a lot of times and was never really anything to worry about because he was safe, she backed away and started acting insecure the whole day.
"Okay so just copy the lyrics and we'll continue this later"
"Sure."
"Why are you looking at me like that?"
"Nothing. Go have fun with your class boys"
Jade got this feeling she was hiding something. But he didn't push her.