thirty three

third person pov:
play song :)

it was later on and zach had arrived home, terrified of going in as he just heard from julia what happened between her and jackie.

he was outside his house, still sitting in the car, nervous as hell. he was gripping the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles had turned a snowy white. his cheeks were still their signature pink, but he was also adding onto it by biting the inside of them.

"you got this" he encouraged himself, and got out of the car, making his way into his home. he saw all the bags that were once at the front door, gone. he thought she might have already left, to go live with taylor.

"shit"

but then he saw his little girl at the end of the hallway. her hair was in a messy ponytail, she was back in her comfy clothes; the ones she wore when she was having a movie night with her dad. she had red circles surrounding her brown eyes, and her normally red cheeks; were even brighter.

"lovie" he sighed and she ran up to him and hugged him tightly, sobbing into his shoulder "i'm so sorry daddy, I didn't mean any of it- I- I just believed her because she-" he cut her off by shushing her "don't. don't you dare apologize because taylor manipulated you! you're my daughter, i love you unconditionally and always will. like I said, you'll make mistakes just as everyone else does, like I did when I was around your age. but, your real family will never stop loving you. I told my mom these exact words, after taylor left us. 'I wish for her to be better then I was. to know that i'd do anything for her, i'd die for jackie' and I will always live up to that until my last breath." she hugged her father again and pressed multiple kisses to his cheek, making him cringe.

"now you did it!" he yelled and picked her up by the legs and threw her over his shoulder. she let out a scream and pounding her fists on her dads back. "dad!" she yelled

the house was filled with nothing but laughter that night. the two were happy on their own, just the two of them; nobody else. it's always been just the two of them, and I don't think anything we'll change that. zach and jackies bond is something you can't break, it's a special bond. it's a unique father-daughter relationship, better than anyone else's i've ever seen.

it's what everyone wished for zach.
he was always getting screwed over by girl after girl, and his family just hated seeing him hurt. but, there's one thing to thank taylor for... she gave him his girl; his daughter.

that's the girl zachs been looking for.
not in a relationship way, obviously. but, zachs always had that fatherly instinct and it just needed to take some time. and one day, it did.

he got jackie.