Chapter 1

(I literally just copied and pasted the first two chapters from the one-shot book then made some edits and lengthened them a bit lol)

_______________________________________

Yoana (yellow diamond)
Bella (blue diamond)

...............

Bella's POV

High school, in any case, can be cumbersome and altogether a burden. Seeing as everything you do during this time of your life may very well dictate what happens in your future. Not to mention hormones play a bug role too, but that's besides the point. This time is incredibly important, especially for me, Bella Duke. A freshmen at a new school, new people, and an entirely knew persona to make of myself. Of course, many things will stay the same, I will still be one of the best in my classes, and I will most definitely be graduating. Then again, I was never expecting the person I met this year.

Her name is Yoana Adams, class president. On the first day, there wasn't an issue, all I knew was her name. Throughout that entire day, there were whispers about this Yoana, well, slightly quieter gossiping. Not even the negative kind! Apparently, she's the best in all her classes, teachers favorite, boxer, fencing champion, and track star. All anyone had to say about her was that she was perfect.

As luck will have it, she's in most of my classes. Homeroom, Gateway to Technology, Business, Math and PE. That first day had been humbling to say the least. I myself had been best in my class for many years before now, but every time I did something, she always one upped me. It was irritating, yet intriguing. This cycle carried on throughout the first quarter. I would do something that impressed the teacher one day, and she'd do something next, it was almost like a secret competition.

It was around the middle of quarter 2 when I actually spoke to her, though it wasn't me who initiated it.

We were in PE, playing pickle ball at the time. Yoana had hit the ball a little to hard and it had smacked me right in the face. To day the least, I was irritated and in a little pain, I was more surprised then anything though. Never, in these months, had I seen her hit a ball, or anything for that matter, too hard. She never made a mistake like that, except of course, this once.

She ran over, and for a moment, I thought I saw worry on her face. That would be impossible though, she rarely ever shows her emotions, none except anger and disgust.

"I'm sorry, don't know my own strength it seems. I never meant to hit you" she'd said. Ordinarily I would have just glared at the person, but something in me just... changed that day. I'm not sure how to put it, but I guess I've gone soft, at least on this particular person... I don't know why though.

"It's okay, it was just a ball" I suprised myself. Why didn't I fuss at her? Reprimand her? Tell her to be more careful? What's going on, this isn't me...

That had all been many weeks ago. It's quarter 3 now. I'd recently made a friend named Pearl, but considering all the Pearl's in this school, I decided to call her Blue, since she had dyed it that color. She was like an assistant I guess, she was in all of my classes, so it was helpful to have her around when I was absent. She seemed to have picked up on some of my habits, because she knows when I'm angry or anything of the like. It's incredibly convenient. Keeps me out of trouble to be completely honest

I've realized after the Pickle ball accident, that I'd started to develope feelings for Yoana. This I had told Blue, and like the little helping hand she is, she's kept me informed of all the gossip about Yoana. Yoana seems to even have her own friend named Pearl. Which she called Yellow, Blue told me she has blonde hair. Great minds think alike I guess, but the greatest are in synch.