Chapter 2

I faded in and out of consciousness for a while. I remember bits and pieces. After I fainted, I know that Ashley must have run, got Ethan, our best guy friend and my crush, and made him carry me to the nurse. When I finally woke up for good, the nurse was standing off to the side talking to my parents. I heard a lot of talking coming from outside the nurse's office so I assumed classes were switching. I turned onto my side and saw Ethan with his head buried in hands.

"Ethan, what are you doing here?" I asked shakily. Startled, he looked at me in surprise. He jumped up and ran over to me.

"Oh my god! Bella, are you okay?" He asked worriedly. I thought for a second and decided to tell the truth.

"No, I'm really sick. Can you get my mom?" I asked wearily. He nodded solemnly and told my mom I was awake and I wanted to tell her something.

"Mom, I need help. Serious help." My mom searched my face worriedly, looking for a clue as to what I am talking about. I took a deep breath and decided I had to explain, "I'm anorexic." My mom gasped and pulled me into a hug. I could feel sobs racking through her body while she muttered, "Why my baby? Why Isabella?" My dad heard her crying and walked over to us and laid a hand on my mother's back. "Marie, why are you crying?" My mother took a moment to stop crying and sat up. "Isabella is anorexic." Tears welled up in her eyes and she leaned on Daddy for support. Guilt and despair flashed across my father's face.

Ethan confused pulled me aside. "Isa, what's going on?" I shut my eyes tight. 'He will never love me if he knows.' When I opened my eyes I decided to lie. "My mom is just really happy I'm okay!" I said with a false smile on my face and sadness in my eyes. Knowing I was lying he grabbed me by the shoulders and said, "Isabella, I know you're you are lying. Tell me the truth." I backed away shaking my head. "If you knew...." 'You would never love me' I finished in my head. I ran over to my parents and asked hurriedly if we could go home. As we headed out the door, I heard Ethan chasing after me yelling, "If I knew what?!" I upped my pace and headed for the car.