Chapter 3

Stood naked in front of my wardrobe, I was contemplating what to wear. I checked my watch and noticed I had 15 minutes to get into a taxi. I wasn't dressed, no makeup, my hair was still wet after my shower. I grabbed the first thing and I put some light makeup on and I managed to quickly put my hair up while running downstairs with my bag which contained the dress model and my sewing kit.

The taxi arrived at Daphne's hotel, I ran to the elevator and pressed the button to her floor. I had less that 50 seconds to get there. My breath was heavy. Daphne hates it when people are late, which is unfortunate for me because I don't seem to be very punctual... As I opened I knocked the door, it swooped open. With a big smile Daphne greeted me;

-Right on time, come on in, my assistant has disappeared, so I have been left to open the door and do everything for myself, can you believe that?

I smiled and walked in.

-I can't wait to see what you have for me.

She walked us into the kitchen;

-Do you want something to drink? Eat? I have... I think about everything.

She continued as she opened her kitchen cabinets. She was wearing a simple white dressing gown, a little see through... Hair all messed up, and no makeup, which was surprisingly very sexy.

-Do you have any tea? I don't have alcohol before 11...

She laughed and put the kettle on.

-So... She began, what do you want to do? We can have a long lunch and chat and they after we can see how the dress fits and see how we go from there?

-Perfect, yes.

The kettle had finished.

-How do you take your tea?

-Little milk, two sugars. I replied, still anxious.

She handed me my mug;

-Biscuits?

-Oh... Um... Sure?

She grabbed a big box from another cabinet.

-Let's go eat these on the couch.

I followed her into the living room, we sat and she spoke a lot about herself. Maybe to cover the silence that was leaving my mouth. Her assistant rushed in with a load of bags, I jumped up and turned around, spilling the rest of my tea on her couch.

-Oh my god, I'm so so sorry.

She got up, and put her hand on my shoulder which made me tremble.

-Don't worry, Lily can call downstairs, they'll sort it out, come on that's lunch, I don't know about you but I'm starving!

I looked at her all blushed. She smiled even more, and put her hand on my cheek.

-You're so cute.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. She took my hand and walked me to the dining room where a table was full of food.