Chapter 7

A new work day arose and I felt an immense luck of being able to do what I do and to have met the people I have met. Well as specially Daphne. New York was as busy as ever and the Monday morning rush had started. I got to Daphne's apartment at 10am on the dot and Lily opened the door to me;

-Oh hello Ms.Weil, come on in and I will let Ms.Kluger aware of your presence.

-Thank you... I replied with a small voice.

As I stepped in I noticed there was a coat on the coat hanger, long and black. A chill ran down my back, and the nerves settled back in. Lily came walking back in with a glass of whiskey.

-I thought you might appreciate this...

-Oh, umm... Thank you... But it's 10 in the morning...

-I won't tell. Lily smiled. Ms.Kluger is in a meeting with an organiser of the Met Gala but she has asked for you to come in anyway.

-Oh, but umm... I can come back you know, I don't mind, it was only for a fitting... I said nervously, perspiring a little with the flood of panic of timidity and not knowing how to act, not knowing what to do...

-Ms.Kluger has asked to see you so I think she wants you to come in, and she was delighted to hear you were here.

-Oh? Oh... Wha...Was she? Well... Um... That's... yeah that's nice... well okay where is she?

-Follow me, Lily replied as she turned around, I followed leaving the glass of whiskey on the table.

As she opened the door for me, I saw Daphne straight away with a royal blue dress on that had black leased bits on it. She looked very serious and yet seemed amused. Sat in front of her was a brunette, as she turned round to see me, she got up and came closer to me and offered a hand shake.

-Ms.Weil, a pleasure to meet you, I'm such a fan! I can't wait to see in what you will be dressing Ms.Klugger.

-Oh! Really? Well that's very... Kind! Very kind of you, yeah... Yes...

Her light blue eyes were sparkling in the light and the contour of black crayon made them pop out even more and her lips formed a beautiful smile. Her hair was cut in the style of a bob, her dark brown hair almost black was sitting comfortably upon her shoulders. Her cheek bones were making my insides melt.

-I'm Ruth. Ruth Wolfe.

Her voice was very sensual... I never thought that I'd be attracted by an English person. Well her accent was english, or maybe welsh?

-Well um... I hope to see you soon... Ms Weil...

She slowly started walking away to regain her coat but turned round when I corrected her;

-Rose, call me Rose... I smiled and turned back to Daphne who had an eyebrow raised.

-Morning Daphne...

-Morning Rose... She passed me to close the doors her perfume following her like a cloud of flowers while I was ready to fall onto my knees. So... She continued once the doors closed. I'm no longer enough to satisfy your needs...

-Huh?

-Well it seemed to me that you may have fancied her...

-No...

-Oh come on Rose I'm only teasing you! We were never exclusive.

My heart sank. She came back to face me and gave me a smile that would have broken a million hearts. She leaned closer;

-I'm glad that I still have some effect on you then...

As she backed off I realised I had stopped breathing, a need for her filled me up and as she turned round, facing the mirror, she smirked at me through the glass. As she saw me approach her slowly, her eyebrow raised when kissed her back slowly up to her neck. A warm giggle escaped her mouth, there was then a sudden reaction when my cold hand slide down her back until the zip of her dress and started to slowly unzip it. As she stood there in her underdress I settled my head on her shoulder, we smiled and her hand came to stroke my cheek.

-You're beautiful, Rose.

-As are you, Daphne...

She kissed me on the cheek before I pulled away to get the dress out so she could try it on. As I took it out of the protection bag, Daphne held her breath.

-Oh my god, Rose, I'm going to be the prettiest one there! I mean that is the case even without the dress but now there isn't even any competition that much I've won!

I placed it in a circle on the floor and she stepped in, I brought the dress up and zipped it on the side.

-It's not completely finished, I still have a couple of things to do to it but that's the overall look.

-Rose, it's amazing! She replied with a tear rolling down her face. She turned to me and kissed me passionately on the mouth. Listen, she continued, I know I'm busy the rest of the week but I was hoping you wouldn't mind coming over for dinner on Sunday? Maybe? Or next Monday?

-Right... Eh... Sure... Why not... I pecked her on the lips and got on my knees to make the few ajustements.