Chapter 1: The Text Message

Evie walked around her castle packing her bag for one of the most exciting times in her life, the birth of her godson. Mal was due any day now, and Evie was on call to drive the two hours she needed to get to Auradon General Hospital, just a few minutes away from the prep school she had attended only a few short years ago. She hadn't been back since Mal and Ben's wedding, which was almost ten years ago. That's the last time she saw him, the last fight they had, the fight that ended their relationship.

What Evie heard from Mal is that Doug found himself a nice girl a few years later, and ended up proposing to her. Evie has tried to steer clear of "Doug news" since then. Not because she wasn't over him, because she told herself she was, but because she needed to focus on her own life and happiness. And she was so so happy! She had a boyfriend, Nolan, and they were very very happy. He was an investor of a very popular clothing brand in Auradon, "Evie's Four Hearts," and him and Evie had been seeing each other for about four months. He was so smart, and charismatic, but even so, Evie just felt like something was off in the relationship.

Evie had gotten a notification on her phone snapping her out of her day dream. It was from Ben and all it read was 'SHOW TIME.' Evie grabbed her bag, and ran to her car. She punched her destination into her phone, and in no time was on the road.
——————————————————————————
Doug has gotten the same text, but wasn't nearly as ready as Evie had been. Doug and Ben has been best friends since they were in diapers. Ben had asked Doug to be the godfather, and he was beyond excited. Doug has just recently broken off his engagement to his girlfriend of five years, and he honestly believed that he would never have kids of his own, that he would just be the fun uncle.

Doug has shoved a couple shirts and pairs of underpants into a backpack, grabbed a Mountain Dew, and sprinted to his small, beaten down car. Twenty minutes to the hospital is all he had, but it felt like a lifetime. He hated hospitals, and he knew he might have some issues the next couple days being there, but Ben and Mal wanted him there, and he wasn't going to disappoint them.

'Come on Doug, this is bigger than you,' he reminded himself as he sped off to be there for the birth of his godson.