Francis the fashion designer

Francis is a famous fashion designer, but all his designs have one distinct flaw...

"Okay Francis let's give it another try. Failure is part of life, but so is success - can't have the one without the other.  So just tell me, what's wrong with this one?"

"I don't know."

"I understand that you can't pinpoint it exactly, but you have to give me a bit more than this. I want to help you, just give me a bit more to work with please."

"It's not good enough."

"What would you like to change to make it better?"

"Everything"

"Why don't I try it on and we'll see how it fits, maybe it's a lot better on a person than on a mannequin."

"No I don't want you to mom"

"But I want to and I'm older so I'm doing it anyway." The rustle of fabric and happy sounds. "Francis, this is amazing!"

--------

Formal assignment: Suit (3-piece), Male   

Grade: D

Student did not follow model proportions. If student followed assignment parameters, this would have been an A. Recommend talk with student psychologist.

--------

"I know you are tired mom but I would really like you to try this last one, I made it for you especially."

"Honey, you make them all for me. Even though I can't go out anymore and only we see how they fit. Maybe you should start thinking about a new model, a younger and fitter model. Your agent called me to complain that your clothes aren't as sexy and stylish as they used to be.

"Maybe later mom. Put it on please."

Heavy, labored breaths accompany the transformation. When she emerges from behind the screen, people in the hallway clap and the flash of cameras illuminates another masterpiece.

--------

I miss you mom, none of my clothes are good enough now that you are not there to fit them. Nothing is worth making anymore without you being there to fit them. I have more ideas than ever, but they stay in my head, with my memories of you.