The Avengers

The Avengers 

        The next day Rogue wakes with the sun and gets into her Daisy dukes and cowboy boots. She settles for a loose fitting t-shirt as she starts on phase two, by styling her hair. The cheerful gal hunts for the prettiest shade of red for her plum lips. She practices her flirtatious stares then makes her way down stairs. She decides on flying to her destination.

The sassy Southerner arrives at The Avengers' tower to witness the team in their modern kitchen. Tony yawns, Wanda sips her tea as Captain America stands besides Logan who looks agitated as ever. They are explaining some matter to Steve when Rogue announces her presence with a loud,

“Hey boys!”

Praises are sent her way for her Daisy dukes from Tony while Logan metal claws pop up to threaten the sleepy charmer. Tony then clears his throat.

“Sweetheart, did you get lost on your way to Xavier's?”

“Nope! I'm here with a purpose!” Rogue replies.

“Which is?” Logan chimes in.

“I'm here to speak to an Avenger” She answers.

The stillness that follows is unnerving. Tony drops his bagel, Logan eyes pop open and Wanda pokes Steve in the arm. The patriotic Steve Rogers marches to Rogue and places a hand on his chest.

“I'm your man. If you need to speak to an Avenger about the misbehavior of late last night, then I am here to soothe out any discomfort they caused you. If writing a complaint is what you had in mind, then I know you are well in your rights to do so from the little information I've gathered.” He glares at Tony then returns a caring smile to Rogue.

Rogue suppresses a laugh. Poor Steve. He wasn't at the nightclub yet he still feels responsible.

“That's not it at all. I promise you last night was a blast.”

“Forgive me Rogue. I have to ask what are you doing here?” Wanda speaks in her delicate voice that makes Rogue's voice sound harsh in comparison.

“Well, you see. Um. Oh! I needed to talk to Quicksilver about his time with the Brotherhood.” Rogue mentally high fives herself for that quick thinking.

Wanda tilts her head to the side.

“You want to talk to Pietro about his time with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants?” Wanda asks.

“Yes.” Rogue answers while nodding.

“I'm sure I could be of help to you. My brother and I, had been there at the same time.”

Rogue jaw drops. How had she forgotten such an obvious detail? Snapping her jaw shut she bites her lip.

“That's right! What a dumdum I am to forget that important part of history..” Rogue peers deep into space as she speaks more to herself than the others.

“Do you wish me to pager him?” Steve's voice perces through her thoughts.

“I'd appreciate that!” Rogue sounds back to her cheerful self.

“Did Speedster touch you last night? If he did I'll..” Wolverine says as his sharp claws are out.

Rogue sighs with delight as she recalls that chaste kiss on her cheek.

Rogue mindlessly nods. In response Wolverine kicks his chair and vows to strangle that Road Runner's neck for hurting an X-man.

“NO NO NO! YOU MISUNDERSTNAD! I nodded by mistake, honestly he hadn't touched me.” Rogue shrugs, “He couldn't touch me if I wanted him to. No one can touch me.” She fiddles with her yellow gloves.

The atmosphere goes somber. The Scarlet Witch moves to comfort the woman before her.

“Don't! It's alright. I'll just make my way back to Xavier's.” Turning, Rogue escapes the peering set of eyes.

Walking with her shoulder slouched and her gaze on the concrete, Rogue gets the wind-knocked out of her when she collides with something- -a moving car? No, it feels like a firm body not a vehicle that came at her with such a force.

“HEY!” She shouts as she hits the ground.

“I wasn't even running! You're lucky! If I had been running instead of speed walking you'd have a gap of me through y-.” He pauses when he takes notice of her. “It's you.”

“Pietro! I've been dreaming- - -I mean thinking about you” She hopes he hadn't caught her slip.

Pietro smirks mischievously, he is fast of course he would catch her unintentional little confession.

"X-man, have you any knowledge about the Freudian slip? "

---

Please Review!