The Darings Go Away

Chapter Two:

The Darings Go away.

"911 what's your emergency?" "My parents killed themselves." replied  Astoria blankly and quietly because she didn't want her siblings to hear. After a couple minutes and a bit of clicking on a keyboard that Astoria could hear through the line, the dispatcher finally said something back. "Excuse me, did you say your parents killed themselves?"  "Yes." Astoria said irritated. "Now how did your parents look, were they alive?" "...No I just said that they were dead, I told you they killed themselves..." the dispatcher let out a big sigh "Yes I.Know.That. But were they alive. She wondered "How dumb could some people get?". "No Sir they are indeed not alive". Astoria told the dispatcher her address. It is not important to tell you what else the dispatcher said because like most dispatchers, they just ask stupid and meaningless questions that they claim are supposed to calm you down. But, what is important is that just right before the police arrived at the Daring mansion Astoria heard yet another suspicious glass breaking sound.

She walked to the main floor expecting to see Liam still tapping his feet on the floor and her baby sister still wondering where all the presents went, instead she saw the back door open and her siblings nowhere in sight. "Where did they go? I'm already stressed enough can't they see that!" She crossed her hands and stomped her feet. "Daisy...! ...Liam! Daaaisyy! Liaaaam! Where did you guys go-" but, right before she could let out another word she saw the police coming to the front gate, and right before she could let them inside she was whisked away by a man who was wearing a zebra mask and thrown into the back of a van that had the name "Lolli's Donuts" plastered on the front.

The man with zebra mask took it off. He was old, near her fathers age. His hair was auburn but it was graying in the area near his ears. He looked run down and tired and he had had lifeless grey eyes. "We need to go now, don't worry your siblings are safe trust me." He used the back of his hand to wipe sweat off of his forehead. Astoria was paralyzed, she was so confused and had no idea what to do. Where are my brother and sister? What is going on? What has happened to my parents? Who is this guy? She was breathing fast now. "Woah woah woah, calm down we don't have another second to spare we need to go, NOW." He was pushing her into the seat trying to wrap the seatbelt around her but she pushed him away. "Im not anywhere with you until you explain to me whats going on right now and take me to my siblings." She snapped back.

Hey guys!! Writer here!! Im gonna update the story soon probably by the next two weeks. Im a bit stumped with school work but im not sure so uhh..anyways i hoped u enjoyed this story. Tell me what u think in the comments 😘.
-writer