Chapter 15

Lisa

“Jennie Kim!” someone called her. I looked to where the voice came from and a girl is running towards us. I don’t know her.

I exchange glances with Jennie and she doesn’t also know her. How can she know anyone if all she knows were only me and my friends?

The girl reached us and is panting so she held onto her knees for a second before she started to talk with us.

“Hello, I heard you called my name?” Jennie asked. She also felt weird when she called her.

“Hey Jennie, only three years had passed when we last saw each other and you already forgotten your best friend?! How could you? I thought you’re in New Zealand? What are you doing here? Are you on vacation?” she attacked her with questions.

“I’m sorry but I think I’m not that Jennie Kim, your best friend, you are talking to. Maybe we just shared the same name. I don’t know you at all and it’s my first time seeing you” She nicely turned her down with a little bit of confusion on her face.

“You look like her though” she scanned her face. “I think I’m mistaken and it’s been three years, maybe my memory is playing with me. I just really missed her so I thought of her as you. I’m sorry if I disturbed you, by the way I’m Nayeon" she said her name hesitantly and tucked her hand out for a handshake.

"Err, I'm Jennie. You know my name earlier" she awkwardly said. "And beside me is Lisa"

"Lisa Manoban" she looked at me. "You're the artist Lisa Manoban?! I really love your works"

"Yeah I guess that’s me, thank you"

"I got to go now It's nice meeting you and I want to say sorry again” she bowed at us and waved us goodbye.

“She is weird” Jennie said while still eyeing Nayeon walking away from us. I can’t help but agree with her.

“Let’s forget about her. Maybe she’s just mistaken with you remember she said it’s been three years since she last saw her friend”

“You’re right. Let’s go back now Jisoo and Chaeyoung are waiting for us”

We went back to our tents and Jennie immediately helped Jisoo in cooking our food while I went to help Chaeyoung who is setting our campfire. After a few minutes, they’re done cooking and called us to eat our dinner.

**

“What are we gonna do now?” Jisoo asked. We are gathered in front of the campfire we set up earlier.

“I brought my guitar” Chaeng says hinting us something but Jisoo being Jisoo, “You bringing your guitar is not an answer to what are we gonna do now Chaeng” she rolled her eyes.

“Remember the old times?” Chaeng said to Jisoo pertaining to the old times when we used to jam to songs. We always do that because we all love music and we had a band in highschool with four members. Me, Jisoo, Chaeyoung, and Miyeon but we disbanded when Miyeon transferred schools and I don’t know where she is now.

“Oh, so that’s what you’re talking about?”

“What is it?” Jennie inquired.

“Jamming!” Jisoo excitedly answered.

“Before we do that, let’s get some marshmallows. I wanna eat some. Chu, get the marshmallows please?” Chaeng and her love for food.

“I don’t wanna. Jendeukie, can you get it?” Jisoo passed it to Jennie which she passed to me. “Lisa would you go grab it for me?” she said with her cute voice but I can resist it for now. My lazy ass is here again.

“Chaeng, go and get it” I don’t wanna get it.

“Rock, paper, scissors” she replied. We played the game, she is paper while I’m scissors so I won.

“Now go and get it. It’s your idea in the first place” I ordered and gestured her to the tents.

“Why do I always lose in that game?!” she stands up stomping her feet while walking over the tents. “Cause you always use paper!” I answered laughing.

She returned quickly with her marshmallows and offered some to us.

“Let’s start!” Jisoo clapped her hands.

Chaeng took her guitar and strummed a familiar melody. Jisoo started singing and Jennie also joined her then me. We sang our hearts out all night not minding if we’re out of tune or not because all we want is to have fun which is definitely is.

“I want to hear Jennie sing” I said after a song ended and it made Jennie looked at me. “Your voice is beautiful I wanna hear it again, with no other voices, just you please?” I continued to persuade her.

“Lisa is right Jennie. Your voice is indeed beautiful, I love it” Even Chaeyoung wants to.

“Jendeuk, please?” Jisoo pleaded.

“Who said I don’t want to?” she smiled. “Chaeng, play the guitar for me” she stand up and pretend to hold an imaginary mic.

“Yes! That’s the spirit!” Jisoo hypes her and we followed suit.

“You’re just too good to be true
Can’t take my eyes off you” she started to sing and I can’t help but close my eyes to listen to her. Her voice is like heaven, you’ll never get tired of listening to it.

“Pardon the way that I stare
There’s nothing else to compare”

“Please let me know that it’s real
You’re just too good to be true
Can’t take my eyes off you” she is close to the chorus and I opened my eyes.

“I love you baby, and if it’s quite alright
I need you baby, to warm my lonely nights
I love you baby, trust in me when I say” she’s looking straight to my eyes while singing that. I only see the two of us. Our surroundings became blurred, there’s only me and her and here goes my heart beating erratically again. She finished the song and I don’t know what happened after that.

My gaze never left her all night. She’s attractive in everything she do. Her laugh, her smile, her creased forehead when they are teasing her, her hand gestures everytime she tells a story, the way she looked at me. I came to realized that it’s all because I like her and I can’t keep myself from falling for her.

I also think maybe that’s why I couldn’t resist kissing her earlier. I should get this done straight.