Chapter 14

Jennie

I was woken up when I felt something soft and wet on my face. I’m still sleepy and I tried to ignore it by tilting my body to the side but it continues licking my face. I opened my eyes and was welcomed by Dalgom, Jisoo’s dog. Lisa’s not here anymore so I think she’s already up.

“Hey Dalgom good morning” Jisoo brought him here from her parents’ house. She said that her parents cannot sleep peacefully because Dalgom barks a lot and the only person who can stop that is Jisoo. He must be very attached to her.

I get up from bed and carried Dalgom. I walked to the living room and saw the three friends watching some random movie. Jisoo noticed me from the side.

“Good afternoon Jendeukie. Dalgom come here” she called Dalgom making the latter jumped from my grip and went to his original owner. I didn’t know it’s not morning anymore. I think I overslept.

I sat on the couch and began to watch the movie with them.

“Seeing a beach in a television screen, seeing how beautiful it is, the feeling of being able to swim in that cold water makes me want to visit one” Chaeyoung daydreams as she watches the movie. There is a scene where the characters had some little vacation near the shore and it showed the beautiful sea.

“Then let’s go to the beach?” Jisoo suggested.

“I’m in!” I seconded. We all gaze at Lisa waiting for her answer.

“Do I have a choice?” Lisa huffs so I patted her back. “No"

“Let’s go!”

**

We haven’t talk all morning
Bang my head, bang my head against the wall
I’m scared, I’m falling
Losing all, losing all my control

We are currently on the car listening to some music. Jisoo is driving and Chaeyoung is on the passenger seat while I’m with Lisa at the backseat. We packed some clothes earlier because we will stay there until tomorrow. We will not check-in in a hotel because it will be a hassle so we brought tents and just camp near the shore.

“Hey it’s my favorite song!” Chaeng exclaimed when a song of Dua Lipa played on the radio.

“And I’m tired of talking
Feel myself saying the same old things
But this love’s important
Don’t wanna lose, don’t wanna lose you this way” Chaeng sang through the lines. I also love this song.

“I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I feel like we about to break to up” I sang with Chaeng making her turn to me and exchange smiles.

“I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I” I signaled Lisa to sing the last part.

“Just wanna kiss and make up one last time” she sang. Jisoo glanced at us while driving.

“Touch me like you touch nobody
Put your hand all up on me
Tired of hearing sorry
Kiss and make, ki-kiss and make up” Jisoo joined the three of us singing the chorus.

“How about we leave this party?
‘Cause all I want is you up on me
Tired of hearing sorry
Kiss and make, ki-kiss and make up
Ki-kiss and make up
Kiss and make, ki-kiss and make up
Ki-kiss and make up
Kiss and make ki-kiss and make up” We finished the song and all of us laugh at the same time. I love this feeling. Being with your friends, spending time together, forgetting all your problems for the mean time if ever you have one, going in an unexpected and unplanned getaway, I want this to last.

“I didn’t know you have a voice Jendeukie” Jisoo said.

“Of course Jisoo I literally have a voice” I answered her.