Drabble 10: 50th

I had been in-love with the same man for more than fifty years. As I tried my best not to fall on my knees because of my shaky old legs, I could see him smiling waiting for me to reach him.

What a brat.

Our youngest son told me to just take my wheelchair so I could be comfortable but my silly husband insisted that walking, though hard, was a great exercise.

Even at his age, we are only two years apart anyway, the idiot still thought he got an invincible body.

"You can do it, baobei!" I heard him shouted at me.

I chuckled. How could it be that he could still easily make me laugh even after all these years?

Oh, I forgot to tell you where we are now.

My husband and I are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.

The old man insisted that we must celebrate it with everyone.

With all of you.

To all of you who had loved us from the very beginning.

We know that some of you had already passed, but we are forever grateful.

"You're so slow!" My husband complained loudly as I reached his spot.

"Thank you for coming, director Shen." The young female host told me.

I smiled and let my husband gently pull me to sit next to him on the special couch especially prepared for us.

I looked at the crowd and saw a lot of people, some familiar faces, some new ones. I laughed. How can there be new ones? Those children might have been forced by their parents to come join our silly celebration.

"It's been a long time, Director Shen. Producer Wang. We are so happy to see China's most powerful couple still going strong." The host said.

My husband laughed loudly beside me.

"Yeah! It's been so long and yet I feel like it was just yesterday when we first stood here, on the same stage and sang our 'Love Confession'"

The crowd cheered after hearing his answer.

Even now, my stupid husband is still a charmer.

The host tried her best to calm the shouting crowd and faced me this time. "Director Shen, your eldest son just won his third best director award. You must be so proud."

I nodded. "I am proud of all our children. My eldest, who has the highest dream. Our second, who loves money so much and our youngest who chose to live a normal life off camera. They made us the happiest parents and we will always be proud of them." I felt my eyes blurred as I remember the childhood of our three children. Those were happy years too.

My husband reached for my hand and placed a warm kiss behind it. His eyes; as expressive as his 20-year old self stared at me with gaze full of pride and love. "You raised them well, my love."

I pulled my hand off his hold and playfully pat his cheek. "Shut-up, fool."

The crowd roared in laughter again.

"Thank you for celebrating such a special day with us. Do you have any message to these," She pointed at the audience. ",thousands of people who traveled from all around the world just to see you both?"

I felt my tears started to fall freely and felt my husband moved closer to me to hold me in a side-hug.

I swallowed hard and did my best to enunciate my words . "Thank you to all you. And to all who are no longer here." I started and I took a deep breath as I continued my impromptu speech. "I will be forever grateful to the unconditional love you have given us. No words can explain how I feel for all of you. The roads we took were hard and dark, but you still stayed with us. I'm sorry that I cannot express my gratitude in words. But please. Believe me when I say, that the happiness we've had and the happiness we have now are all from you. Thank you everyone."

I ended my speech and watch the crowed cheered again. Some are just in tears like me.

It's my husband's turn.

"Thank you, brothers, sisters." He started, trying hard to still look cool. "Maybe you don't know it but the reason why I asked my wife out on our first date and the reason why I forced her to marry me as soon as she can--"

The audience laughed.

My husband is still an effective jokester.

"---was because of you." His smiled widened and I knew how he was controlling himself from tearing up. "--the Philippines--" The crowd roared. "--our first haven. Thank you. Without your sweet messages, your unconditional support of what I was feeling for my friend at that time, I wouldn't have confessed to her. Like what my beautiful wife said, everything we have. We have it because of you and that...is happiness." He sighed and held me tighter to his side. "I know it's too much to ask but I hope that my wife and I could have this same happiness in our next lifetime and the next after that. And I also hope that all of you here and the people that were with us before can join us there too." He sighed again and continued. "Thank you. Thank you for loving the love of my life which made me love myself more. Thank you for everything and we owe you this."

The crowd once again cheered loudly for us.

Fifty golden years.

Amazing.

The host was crying too but still tried her best to conclude the day beautifully for everyone.

"Let's thank our strongest couple, our very own DiYue. Wang HeDi and ShenYue! To more happy years!"

To more happy years.

Who knows?

Maybe we can do this again on our diamond wedding anniversary.

----------------------------

-Fin-

----------------------------

Author's Corner: ^^ Just a short drabble! Thank you ICON for giving us this inspiration. I hope that the next beautiful news is MG2 haha!