Chapter 7

Kami was woken up by Nova in a hurry. The battle had started while they were asleep and they were on the losing side so far. Nova hurried to wake up Ragnar and Leory. Fitzian was awake already, and casting spells from the tower to aide Kairu's army.

Luvat, Uireb and Karlek had woken up before dawn, which was earlier than planned, but they couldn't fall asleep anymore due to the tension. Their armies felt the same. They had been camping in a mountain valley filled with animals and farms not too far from Iriel-Dûm. The plan was to enter the Centre an hour after dawn, but their plans changed when enemies attacked from behind. a group of a few hundred undead and a behemoth had come through the mines to the ither side of the path and started the battle. They could easily defeat this group of undead, but were pushed back to the edge of the mountain pass to avoid unnecessary casualties. There they were attacked by the Dawn of Chaos' army. It seemed like there was no way to win the war like this, but Karlek, Uireb and Luvat kept everyone's spirits high. After almost an hour they managed to start their orinigal plan. Karlek and Uireb lead the combined army of Central Kairu and Ryuteru. Some of the animals and other creatures of Kairu also instinctively realised that Yggdrasil was destroyed by Ton Veru, and joined the army, they also stayed with Karlek and Uireb. This army was the largest of the 3 armies of Kairu and would fights the Dawn of Chaos' army head on in the south, where they already were. Magius took Upendo's task of going to Bor upon himself and succesfully returned to Central Kairu with an army of dwarves counting almost 3000 dwarves. This army had every dwarf old enough to fight in the whole world. The dwarven army of Bor and Magius would get to the outer side of the battle and fight the Dawn of Chaos from the west.
Luvat lead the smallest army. 1300 demons and 800 humans: All that Lanien had left to fight with. Despite being the smallest force they were still very strong, considering that demons can be faster, stronger and more intelligent than humans. Luvat and his army would fight from the east.

Magius and the dwarves of Bor had succesfully fought their way to the west side of the battlefield. By the time they arrived it didn't take much longer before their reinforcements arrived. Ragnar and Leory joined them in the fight, which made a huge difference to their power. It didn't take more than 5 minutes before tbe dwarves had started chanting: "Long live king Ragnar Greathammer!". Ragnar couldn't help but show off his hammer while fighting, making them more excited and motivated. Magius thought it was amusing, but Leory found it a bit annoying.

Luvat also succesfully reached the east of the battlefield with minimal casualties. The reinforcements they got were Nova and Kami. The demons seemed happy to meet the demon who purified Kurime, and was also the child of a demi-god. Luvat was glad Nova was one of the reinforcements to his army. After Nova was given Iriel's body he had grown very attached to her, like a father. Maybe it was because of Nova's new appearance, but maybe it was also like Nova inherited Iriel's fate to defeat Ton Veru. Kami succesfully activated his demon abilities, and Nova's enhancements had reached unthinkable potential. By taking the heat from everyones bodies that they sweated out, she heated the weapons of more than half of Luvat's army. They fought the enemies so effectively that they were surrounded by piles of defeated undead withing an hour. Nova's enhancement also kept the army able to fight for much longer before getting tired.

Karlek and Uireb stayed near the entrance of the mountain pass. If their plan failed they would flee into the mountain pass, where they had a better chance to survive. That way they made it much harder for Ton Veru to defeat all divines this early in the war. Fitzian teleported to this army as reinforcement. It was difficult to reach Karlek and Uireb any other way, but teleporting without divine essence meant Fitzian had to rest before he could fight properly. Until he was ready Uireb kept an eye on him to make sure he was okay. They didn't understand why Fitzian would go so far to help the people that were attacking his father. Maybe Fitizian understood why they wanted to defeat Ton Veru better than they thought he did.
When Fitzian wad ready to join the fight he was a great help to the forces of Kairu.