Chapter 1

Sitting in the back seat, I am in the middle. a short blond-haired girl two ponytails to tight against my head. it's dark and mommy is driving. Daddy is passed out in the passenger seat. I can't remember where we were but I know that it was festive and I remember my mother making a small bed out of pillows and blankets under the table for me and my brother to sleep.  

There isn't a lot of room in the back seat because my brother is laying on his side, feet tucked underneath him and he takes up more than his half. I try to shove and push his feet away just for being spiteful. that is what our relationship was like, spitefulness, hate, and wild punches. he has short ash brown hair just slightly darker than mine.  His face is dark with shadows from the night and only flashes light with the streetlights flickering as we pass. I look into his face and see his scars. .  each one of us has our own battle scars but he's is deep and shows on the outside. 

I asked him why he had scars in the middle of his forehead and across his cheek. " Mind your own business twerp!" : he yells. I was scared and shocked. His words felt like a thousand bees stinging at once.  I realized then that he was self-conscious and insecure about his appearance. I then made a mental note making sure never to ask him again, scared that he won't feel worthy and bad. 

I asked momma what happened to his face and she said that when he was just a little baby he and daddy were driving on a bicycle home from the shops he was sitting in a little baby carrier attached to the back of the bicycle. She said I wasn't born yet and thank goodness because she didn't know what she would have done with me in between the hospital visits and doctor appointments.  They were passing the stop street and turning left into our street when a quantum taxi filled to the brim with people came rushing up and overtake another car. it happened to fast and there was no time to swing out and the taxi hit daddy and Lalla head-on. 

the taxi driver just reversed and drove around them, never to be seen again. they eventually found the taxi driver due to witnesses that got the number plate and then it was court cases for years but mommy said that nothing really came of it, it was a just a waste of time and money, luckily Lalla and daddy was okay with just a few scratches and then the nasty gash on Lalla's head.  

Daddy took Lalla to the hospital and phoned momma there. Momma said she came rushing into the hospital tears streaming down her face and she started shouting angrily at Daddy for failing to look after Lalla. 

Mommy said daddy was drunk and asked him why he didn't drive on the sidewalk and daddy couldn't explain.   

Daddy said that he wasn't drunk just a little bit tired from the trip and he wasn't really concentrating. he said that that day still haunts him even in his sleep and I just couldn't understand that part. A day only happens once, it isn't like Casper the friendly ghost in my Sunday movies. At night I went to bed praying that the haunting stops in daddy's head and that he will be happy again. 

I couldn't even imagine that I will one day have hauntings in my head, in my dreams, and in my Bed. Nasty spiders crawling around in the deepest parts of me. 

I give one last look at my brother's face and feel sorry for his hurt showing on the outside and then I feel my grandfather's big cold hands on my shoulders and he tells me to climb over him and let him rather sit in the middle. he doesn't want us fighting.  I tried to tell him that I'm not going to fight and that I am just looking at him but he already lifted me up and placed me next to the window.

As we shifted mommy looked at me in the rear view mirror and I suddenly wished I never pushed Lalla and made a fuss. The road is still dark and it feels like we are driving forever. Daddy jerks his head up and starts to barf. Mommy pulls the car off the road and stops on the curb. 

We remain seated in the back seat, I get this funny feeling in my stomach and I know mommy and daddy are going to fight. Whenever something is wrong my stomach feels it first, then my skin it gets all tingly and fired up then, whatever happens, happens.  

Tonight was bad and it felt like I'm going to burn up, my stomach turns and I wonder what it can be. Will mommy fight with me for fidgeting and pushing Lalla. I know she will right when we get home and everyone is in bed. My stomach turns again and it feels like I'm going to be sick. 

I want to climb out of the car because I don't want to miss the car like daddy but my grandfather pushes my shoulders till i'm seated back in place. He looks around and he seems worried. Big lines under his eyes and he looks tired. It looks like he is wearing all his hurt on the outside too and I feel this instant pang of heartache towards the man that wasn't in my life at all till three weeks ago. 

I wonder where he's been my whole life and why he never called. He doesn't look like mommy or daddy and I suddenly can't remember whose father it is. I can't ask because they are still outside, mommy rubbing daddy's back. Lalla turned his body facing the back of the seat and snoring. 

My grandfather looks around again and he places his arm on my leg to rest I presume. The moment he touched me I felt a shock wave through my body and I instantly knew where the bad feeling came from. My Stomach turned again and I told him that I'm going to be sick. " Shut Up ": he said. I felt a wave of anger wash through me but was replaced with embarrassment almost instantly as I felt him move his hand to my skirt and move my panty out of the way. 

I close my eyes and pray. I pray that he stops, I pray that I use my voice and call out to mommy to come and make him stop. I pray that my brother wakes up and hits him as he hits me whenever I annoy him. he is my brother I'm sure he will hit him if he knew what was going on. I pray that he doesn't hurt me and let the hurt show on my outside. I pray and pray and pray...