Chapter 4

Trigger Warning: self-deprecating thoughts

short authors note: I apologize for the chapters being short, I promise they get longer the further the story goes. I actually started this story on pencil and paper in one of my notebooks, so I'm still writing as I transfer it onto Wattpad. Hope you enjoy! 

Ezra's POV

He seemed almost pleasant as the color drained from his eyes and skin. It took me a second to realize hat had truly happened. 

Archyr was dead.

my fault

No. It was the gangs fault.

She was protecting you.

He was protecting himself.

And you didn't help.

I let the tears fall, not caring that it stained my already blood soaked shirt. I didn't mind the burning bullet wound in my leg. I didn't pay attention to the paramedics who were pulling a black bag over Archyr's body or the cops, trying to figure out exactly what happened. All I could focus on was my shattered heart and Archyr's lifeless face disappear into a sea of black as I passed out.

................................................................................................................................................................

All four gang members were found guilty of second degree murder or for Cris, manslaughter. The funeral was painful. Arch looked almost peaceful, but him dying in my arms was all I could see in his face. Archyr's parents slowly walked over to me.

"She was a great girl you know. I'm glad you were a close friend to her."

I responded, trying to hide the anger in my voice as I spoke. 

"That she was." I said softly, saying she with all the hate in the world. I had tried to get Archyr to come out to his parents about being trans, but he was scared of their super religious and even more homophobic ways. My thought process was interrupted by the music getting louder, as they lowered his body into the ground, just beneath a pear tree, like him and I used to talk about as little children.

Let's just say, things went downhill from there.