Chapter 13

Edited ✔️

Chapter 13: Shifting

••Ariel Summers' POV••

Emily was my new best friend. She had midnight black hair, grayish blue eyes, pale skin, with high cheekbones, and a very petite body; she was around 5"3.

Emily was a werewolf, and she knew everything about me.

Flashback
It was a week after I woke up from my coma, and I was walking down the bland colored halls of the school, then I bumped into something or rather someone, both of our books went flying everywhere because of our impact on each other.

I looked up and saw a petite girl. Her face was on the wood tiled floors, and I helped her up and picked up her things as well as mine. Wr started talking, and we just clicked and became best friends. I told her that I knew she was a werewolf, and she was surprised by how I knew. I showed her that I was a mermaid, and she thought that it was very cool.

She was the only person who knew almost everything about me, from me talking with the elders and the Moon Goddess, to Marcus, and even to being a hybrid. 

But all in all, she understood because she was once kidnapped, but only for a few months before the building she was in, caught on fire.

Currently, I was screaming at her. She decided that it would be a cool prank to pull on me if she gets a water gun and fills it up with our science project; slime and goo. So as of right now, I was drenched in slime from head to toe, and to add to that, the goo and slime were multicolored, thanks to Emily's genius ideas, so now I looked like a unicorn had projectile a rainbow on me. And did I mention that we are in public? -in a library to be exact.

We chased each other all the to my house, and for payback, I made her give me a piggy back ride while she was in wolf form, and let me tell you this, it was awesome.

"Hey Em, you know how the elders said that I'm half werewolf?" I asked the question that was on my mind all day.

"And?"

"Well I mean, if I am part werewolf, then I should be able to shift. How do I shift?"

"Oh well let me tell you this, it's extremely painful if you don't have your family or your mate with..." she replied, "Oh my goddess, I'm so sorry I forgot, Elle, I'm sorry." She looked down at her lap and twiddled with her thumbs.

"Hey it's alright Em, don't worry about it." I honestly didn't know what to think of my mate anymore. 

"Elle, I can help you shift if you want, it won't make a big difference, but it might help." She suggested.

"Yes thank you so much," I honestly didn't know what to do, so I asked another question that was also on my mind "When do you normally get your wolf and shift?"

"Well, you shift around two weeks after your wolf has been awakened, which is after she meets her mate. But I'm not entirely sure for you, for one, you're a mer-wolf hybrid and he rejected you- oh my god I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed.

She then slapped herself and fell off the bed.

I jumped off the bed and stared at her.

After two minutes, we burst out laughing.

After around twenty minutes of laughing, we started catching our breath as we held on to our stomach, she sighed.

"Elle I'm sorry, but let's get down to business, when did your wolf come to you?"

"Well, I got her after the rejection and car crash. I was in the coma for around 2 weeks, so I got her around 3 weeks after I met him," I said while thinking it out thoroughly.

"Well okay, so normally you would have already shifted since it has been almost 2 months, and it normally takes a month, so it should probably be any night now, but there's a likely chance that you will shift today because it's the full moon..." She said. 

"Can you sleep over for the week just in case?" I asked her, knowing that my family won't know what to do if I shift this week.

"Of course!" she shrieked, excited to stay over. 

I laughed at her and then she joined in and the laughing began for the next hour.

I felt a burning sensation go through me like a fire, so I did what any person would do

I felt a burning sensation go through me like a fire, so I did what any person would do. I started screaming.

Emily who was sleeping next to me quickly woke up. It was 2:37, according to the alarm clock.

I was silently thanking that the walls were sound proof.

"Whats going on?" Emily asked startled.

"i-I don't know...My body feels like it's on fire," I managed to say in between screams.

"Oh no, let's go." She said suddenly fully awake.

She went through the window and carried me down with her since I couldn't move a muscle and the throbbing pain was enough for me to be unconscious.

"Elle I'm going to need you to stay with me okay?"

"It hurts." I managed to choke out.

"I know, but I'm going to help you,"
"I'm going to need you to allow your wolf to take full control"

"How-do- I -do that," I asked, but after every word came an earsplitting scream.

"Ariel, just think of your human form leaving and being replaced by a wolf."

After a few moments, I heard cracking and felt my bones being rearranged in a different way that would sure be broken if you were human.

After some more cracking, bones rearranging, and screaming, I felt myself standing on four legs - or paws I mean.

Emily was staring at me in disbelief.

Was something wrong with my wolf?

"Y-you're a white wolf." Emily stuttered out.

Hey peeps how are you! Questions/comments? Message me!

Questions/comments? Message me!

Vote/Share/Follow!
With lots of love
~Alaa<3