Chapter 9: Game Over

Present day

Becky stood there, frozen as she stared across the living room at Roman.

"I have to run downtown so I'll leave you two alone to talk." Anna said before leaving the house.

Roman began to walk across the living room.

"Don't come any closer." Becky told him.

"Becks-."Roman began to say.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Becky asked him.

Roman looked over at her with pain in his eyes.

"These past few months you have left me alone. We've stayed in our own little worlds and things have been okay. And now all of a sudden you're trapping me in locker rooms and showing up at my house?" Becky asked.

"I've been going through hell without you." Roman told her.

Becky closed her eyes as a tear fell from her face.

"It kills me to see you everyday and know that you are never going to forgive me..So trust me, I don't want to be here anymore than you want me to be but I need you to stay away from Seth." Roman told her.

Becky looked over at him in disbelief.

"I'm not trying to tell you want to do but he doesn't care about you, Becky. What ever he's told you, it's a lie." Roman said.

"How stupid do you think I am?" Becky asked him.

"That's not what I am saying." Roman told her.

"I know what he's doing, Roman. I'm not dumb enough to fall for the same game twice." Becky told him.

"That's not what this was, and you know that." Roman told her.

"No I don't" Becky said.

Roman looked over at her with tears in his eyes and let out a sigh.

"So if you know he's playing you then why aren't you staying away from him?" Roman asked her.

"Maybe I actually like hanging out with him." Becky said suddenly.

Roman laughed to himself.

"You're joking right?" He asked her.

"I don't know.. Am I?"Becky asked him.

The smile left Roman's face as he stared at Becky in confusion.

"Please tell me you're joking." Roman begged her.

Becky looked over and felt a sharp pain in her chest when she saw how hurt Roman was.

"I'm the one playing him, okay? That's all it is.. It's just a game." Becky assured him.

"Well maybe you should stop before somebody gets hurt." Roman warned her.

"Somebody already got hurt, Roman." Becky told him.

Roman looked down at the ground shamefully. She looked over at him and wiped a tear from her eye. He walked towards her and stood by her side. Becky looked up at him as he opened the door. Her heart began to beat faster as he looked into her eyes.

"I'm sorry.. For everything." Roman told her.

Becky watched his eyes for a moment as she tried to stop herself from crying. Roman looked away from her with hesitance before walking out the front door. Becky closed her eyes as tears began rushing down her face. She leaned against the door and fell to the ground with an ache in her heart.