kars x reader

title: pillar boy

     The Pillar Men were strong. Gee, they were apparently the strongest beings in the universe. Wamuu could crush a hippopotamus within his thumb and index finger, and Wamuu wasn't even the strongest of the three. Esidisi could burn even the most burn-proof things. And Kars didn't even have to lift a finger to be strong - his presence was far too intimidating for anyone to live in.

     Apart from one person.

     The only Pillar Woman.

     She wasn't as notorious as Kars, Esidisi or Wamuu, nor did she go around killing humans whenever she pleased. But the Pillar Men knew of her strength. She could easily be good competition for the omnipotent Kars.

     (Name) was her name, and she had followed the Pillar Men from their home. She'd watched them slaughter their entire race, and had seen the mercy in Kars' eyes when he set his sights on her. She was just as old as Kars, if not, a bit younger, and had known him since they were smaller. Kars, you could say, was her close friend.

——

     "I wonder if these humans will ever get any stronger," Kars wistfully wondered, sat in his throne-like chair in his room. "At this rate, they'll never be a match for me."

     The purple-haired man turned to face the lady at his side. (Name) was looking up at him, her eyes full of curiosity and awe. He loved the way she always looked at him; like she admired everything that he did. Well, Wamuu and Esidisi admired him, but (name)'s admiration was different.

     Kars didn't know what human emotions were, nor had he ever felt an emotion other than anger. He was generally an angry man, without a care in the world. He thought he didn't care about anyone else but himself.

     However, recently, he had been thinking about how (name) made him feel. He'd shared a few... moments... with her, and he still didn't really know what he felt. Kars had shared his inquiry with Esidisi, who appeared to have felt more emotions than himself or Wamuu. Esidisi told him that it was 'love'.

     'Love...' Kars thought, 'love for (name)...'

     He supposed that Esidisi was right in one way or another. He'd only spared (name) from the extermination of his race because he felt mercy for her as he'd grown up with her.

"I suppose one human will come along one day," (name) replied, leaning on Kars' chair. "Hopefully, anyway."

Kars watched as she puffed a strand of her hair out of her face annoyedly, finding it somewhat cute. He thought of her as a little kitten.

He sighed. "(Name), do you remember, all those centuries ago, what we did?"

(Name) stopped. Of course she did. "I do," she replied, gazing into his bright red eyes with seriousness. "I remember it well."

"Not... the murder of our entire race, no... what... we did." Kars felt himself stutter, but stopped himself. "We... ourselves. Together."

"Yes, Kars, I do. Why?"

     "I was wondering if, you know." He looked directly into her (eye colour) orbs, admiring how she looked directly into his. "We could do it again."