Chapter 3

We pack into the hummers like sardines. Allison and I get put on the last hummer. As soon as I climb in the odor of foot and sweat hit me like a truck. I try to keep my food down but it's almost unbearable. I try to take my mind off of the nauseating smell by starting a conversation with the person next to me. I am usually quite bashful when it comes to talking, only talking when needed or when being polite, but I had to force myself to do something besides think about the smell. I introduce myself to the young man, seeming in his early 20s, same as I. He is well built, around 6'1 or 6'2 with blonde, spiky hair kept neatly upon his head. His name is Liam Garrison. He is quite the interesting fellow, one to crack jokes and carry on with laughter. It gets a bit much at times, but he passes the time well as we sat and waited until we were needed to capture any prototypes. He begins to tell me of his home life " I joined the force because I want my mom and sister back." He says with a more serious tone . " They both were taken away about 2 months ago, my dad and I escaped and came here." " I want to just get rid of all the chips and have my family back." I sit there in silence as he goes on and on about his family. I be as polite as I can and I continue to give him my attention. He then stops and tells a joke to break the silence, and then all of a sudden we come to a stop. We hear a commotion, and as if on que, we hear Harrell come over the radio "CODE RED CODE RED" The entire hummer goes Into a frenzy as we unload and get to the commotion. What we see is something I will never forget.