Anime Review: Assassination Classroom (S1)

(8/5/2019)

MY

GOSH

WHERE DO I BEGIN

SPOILERS AHEAD, SKIM THIS CHAPTER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO

The premise is absolutely fantastic. The 3-E class get to be the underdogs of their prestigous school. Kill the teacher and they get ¥10,000,000.

Principal is absolutely messed up. And his son too, they need Jesus.

Actually, everyone in this anime needs Jesus but anyway.

Our main is a boy named Shiota Nagisa to which my sister thought he was girl. I kept my mouth shut waiting for confirmation and forgot he was wearing pants all along.

Korosensei is such a character! I'm getting a bit of Sun Wukong vibes in him but the fact he wants to maintain a good image and is very friendly just tugs my heartstrings real good.

Also Akabane Karma is creepy at first with his violent tendancies and I kinda ship him with Manami Okuda. Good thing he simmered down.

Multiple character arcs? Good!

Not using the field trip to focus on the rest of the class during the whole assassination part? Bad!

They would have created so much content AND add suspsense that Kaede Kayano and Yukiko Kanzaki got kidnapped.

Also I want Korosensei's books. Yes, even the blue accordion-like one and the fact that I have no shelf space to put those two books.

AHHHH

BITCH-SENSEI

YES

I LOVE THE NICKNAME

Something I noticed is that they all seem to have natural hair colors (besides Ritsu, Kayano Kaede and Shiota Nagisa) and I absolutely love that.

AND

The looks of the rest of the students are what I highly approve of! Even though some of them look ugly, gotta love diversity.

Also I love the two new students: one is a machine from Finland (Ritsu) and the other is Korosensei's younger brother. (Itona Horibe)

AND MY GOSH

THAT FORESHADOWING ABOUT ITONA HORIBE WITH THE SUPERHERO MOVIE IN HAWAII

JUST

WOW

I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING

Salute to whoever thought of that.

So everyone is being introduced a bit slowly (besides the Big Five) but that's okay.

The thing I'm concerned about is that no one gets sick besides that one time the majority got posioned and Korosensei's pollen(?) allergy.

Uh, dude. Glyphosate in soil (which is what most farmers are doing) equals dead food leads to poor preformance. Both inside and outside. This is the truth.

Everyone's bodies are wrecked thanks to glyphosate.

Watch “GMOs, Glyphosate and Gut Health” by Rich Roll ft. MD Zach Bush on YouTube

https://youtu.be/jWgnkgYtqnw

Sure, Korosensei pampers them but not even a Mach 20 speed can change the glyphosate chemical process in the soil thanks to the so-called Green Revolution back in 1950s. It takes three years of not using it to get good results. Three years!

Also common colds. I need the sneezing, no one lets their sweat dry on their backs? How disciplined of them!

Oh wait, Korosensei's pampering them to death...

Sure, Chiba Ryunosuke and Hayami Rinka screwed their angles a bit but I'm not convinced.

Also

I HIGHLY APPRECIATE THAT ONE OF THE CHARACTERS HAVE FRIENDS FROM OTHER GRADES

LIKE SERIOUSLY

IT'S LIKE NO ONE DOES THAT AT ALL

And also Nakamura Rio has online friends? FINALLY!

I do have a concern for the anime besides the zero sickness. It looks like the whole situation is so easy to keep it a secret.

It shouldn't be.

Sure, we can keep a few secrets but not everyone can keep their mouth shut for an entire school year.

Especially that one of your classmates is a machine.

Especially if you're close to your family.

Especially if you're close to a friend outside the school.

Especially if you're a total chatterbox who carelessly spills information to others. [A possible character arc, use it, anime!!]

Especially if you hate the teacher to bits. [*cough*Ryoma before he got along*cough*]

Sooner or later, they'll notice.

Or even worse, they know it already.

Oh and plot idea! An outsider friend of Tarasaka Ryoma manages to convince him into saying the truth!!

HA

Maybe I should do a fanfic. Nahhh.

Although there seems to be a lot of family angst in this anime, I don't see much characters that seems to have friends outside the classroom.

What? Where are their lives gone to?!

Next season I'd like to see three people at minimum breaking down because of the whole "keeping this situation a secret" thing.

The stakes are too low. It doesn't feel like there's any pressure in this area.

The exams are amazing. Period. Pressure is realistic, the Big Five are great opponents.

The teacher saying they're problemonsters—

I'm dead—

New P.E. teacher is downright terrifying (turns out he's the villain in the finale) and also Karamasu has a heart under all that professionalism?? My kind of guy~ [No hetero]

And the summer resort finale, I'm legit fangirling. The complicated plan is just perfection. The trap is just total blackmail material.

AND SHIOTA NAGISA CROSSDRESSES AS A GIRL, YES

The best part is that he convinces a rich kid to stop smoking and do something else better.

Also, the mystery of Korosensei. He's from Earth and a scientific project. Based on Karamasu's line that he used to be human and the flashback that he has lady friend, I see where this is going. Need more details and I'm glad they're careful with its presentation.

I'm expecting the second season to be more fulfilling.

Overall score: absolutely amazing, art style is nice but needs to patch up a few things.