❝ p r o l o g u e ❞

Colby sat patiently in the uncomfortable chair facing the hospital bed. His hands were placed together resting on his thigh. His messy red and black hair hung low in front of his face, blocking his vision almost. His ocean blue orbs red from lack of sleep. To top everything off, his tan, rosy cheeks were stained with tears.

Please, please let her be okay. I'll do anything, he looked up at the ceiling and said quietly to himself but nothing came out. His throat hurt and every time he shallowed it made it even worst.

The beeping became louder and louder for him and he was fed up. He wanted, no, needed to know if she was going to be alright. She looked okay, apart from her broken leg and rib. Poor thing.

Across the plain room laid y/n unconscious in the hospital bed. She wore one of the hospital gowns that Colby hated. Her leg was up in the air with a cast and her body was badly bruised and scratched.

She let out a low hiss and moved uncomfortably in the bed. Colby jerked his head up, his eyes growing wider than saucers and his jaw dropping open.

"y/n…?" he said, his voice strained.

The (h/c) headed girl turned slowly to look at him while squinting her eyes. "Who- who are you? Where am I?" She managed to get out, fear clear in his tone.

Colby rushed over to her and grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly. She was taken aback but didn't do anything against it. "Can we get a doctor?! She's awake! Shit." He used his free hand to rub his throat. "Do you remember me, princess?"

Princess? she thought. Who is this boy and why is he using pet names for me. I do believe I've never seen this boy in my life.

"Mr. Brock, please leave the room while I ask Ms. l/n a few questions, if you may. It won't take long." the doctor walked in, telling the boy, but he didn't budge.

"y/n-"

"I'm sorry, but please tell me who you are. I have no idea…" she cut him off.

The boy's heart shattered into a million pieces as he backed away from the bed, whispering no to himself. He wanted to scream and cry til his lungs couldn't take it anymore. But, he didn't. He stayed calm, at least on the outside.

Tears fell from his glassy eyes as he looked at the doctor in pain. The look he gave her absolutely killed the doctor and made her sigh and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Please…" he started, his voice cracking servery again. "Please tell me she's joking… that she's alright and this is some stupid prank." he looked over at the girl and she stared at him with much confusion.

Another doctor came in and started telling Colby he had to go but he still didn't. He didn't want to give up leaving the guy to grab him and try to get him out the room. He used all his strength to push him off and rush over to y/n. "Baby, please, please, I beg of you… Its me, Colby. Your boyfriend."

The doctor grabbed him and this time he let him. "You have to remember me! I love you!" It was useless.

This was his fault. It should of been him instead of her. Laying there confused and scared out of his mind. But he wasn't. It was the love of his life and there was nothing he could do about it except wait…