10• The Netherworld

Deals with suicide again, so uh... Y'know

Candy closed her eyes as Beetlejuice took her to the strange place. When she opened her eyes, they were there in the middle of a dark and busy street filled with dead people.

"Beetlejuice... Are we here?" She said quietly looking up at him.

"Yep, welcome to the Netherworld. Lovely, isn't?" He joked and rolled his eyes.

"So, where do we go now?" Candy questioned looking around the place curiously.

"We need to find my mom's office, see if we can reverse what she did to Y/n" he insisted.

They began walking in a direction trying hard to avoid the many dead people looking at them in more shock to see Beetlejuice than they were to see Candy. They continued to walk around trying to figure out where the place is, but they really ended up getting lost.

Back in the overworld you started to get worried with Candy's disappearance. You called about a thousand times and left so many messages, she couldn't just be gone. You finally got the courage to come over to her appointment and see if she was there. Once you arrived and found her room you knocked only to get no response. You huffed and took the spare key she gave you to unlock the door. You stepped inside to see it was left perfectly fine. You walked around a bit still not convinced she just vanished out of thin air, but she wasn't there. You walked out feeling alone. You sluggishly walked out of the building and walked back home. You sighed and wrote a note explaining why were did it. You signed it off and walked upstairs and took your bathroom cabinet and took out a bottle of pills. You looked around with your note in hand, you took a hand full of the pills and swallowed them slowly. You had no idea how many it was going to take to work so you grabbed another bottle of your strongest medicine taking another handful. You knew it had worked after a few hours of talking them, you fell limp on the ground with note in hand.

"Oww-" you hissed as you stood up "it didn't work..." You sighed and dusted yourself off.

You walked over to your bed to grab your phone before you noticed your body still laying there. You looked down at your hands in shock before running to the bathroom and looking into the mirror. No reflection. Regret and dread filled your stomach as sat on the bathroom floor.

Memories began to flood through your head again. And the only thing that worried you the most was Beetlejuice and Lexi. You walked out of the bathroom and attempted to call him, but his contact was gone. You tried calling Candy too but still didn't work. So now you were stuck there with, no one. Alone. And dead.

Beetlejuice and Candy were still somewhat lost as they roamed the streets of the Netherworld. Beetlejuice finally gave up on trying to find this place and stood there stubbornly.

"Beej, come on, you told me time worked differently here... I need to get back to Earth..." Candy whined and walked over to Beetlejuice.

"I have no idea where this place is, the Netherworld's huge." He sighed and looked down.

"But this is for Y/n, remember. Don't you want her back?"

He nodded his head and walked over to a person. And tapped them on the shoulder.

"Hey, do you know where I can find Juno at?" He asked while avoiding all contact at all.

"Hey, you're her son, aren't you?" The man wearing a doctor's coat said.

"Come on, just tell me where she is." He spat out looking at the guy.

"Are you a doctor?" Candy chimed in earning a wtf look from Beetlejuice.

"No, I'm a dentist." The man laughed.

"Ohhh, how'd you die?" Candy smiled.

"I laughed myself to death, that boy watched me die." He snapped.

Candy stayed silent while Beetlejuice laughed at the man. He ended up storming off as Beetlejuice was still laughing.

"He laughed himself to death- wait.... Was he the dentist from little shop of horrors? A Musical you readers should take the author to???" Beetlejuice gushed as he looked in the man's directions.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Candy said looking at him.

"Nothin', let's try to ask another person." He said walking into another direction.

This time he talked to a woman with blonde hair.

"Yeah hey, do you know where I can find Juno?"

"Juno?" Her thick Brooklyn spoke.

"Juno... Uh, mean lady, gray hair, has a slit throat?" He tried to explain to the blonde

"Oh, I've never seen her before, sorry" she said politely.

Beetlejuice rolled his eyes and continued walking, Candy let out a quick thank you before running off along with Beetlejuice. They continued along the long road with the many dead people.