The Party

The week went by smoothly. It turned out Jai had History with me as well, but not Biology. No according to him Biology was the most pointless subject and was all just common knowledge, yet when I tested him on things like photosynthesis he didn't have a clue. Lunch with the group was fun and we all got along so well. All my teachers were nice and helpful and dance lessons served as a nice break from everything. The red marks on my arms had healed and so when we were getting ready at Ditsy's house before the party, I didn't have to worry about hiding them.

"Oh my Leila you look so hot!". Ditsy squealed from behind me as I assessed my appearance in the mirror.

Lucy who had done my make-up so expertly for me came to stand with us to. "Jai won't be able to keep his hands off of you." Lucy winked.

"What do you mean by that?". I could feel my cheeks growing red.

"Don't think we haven't noticed you two." Lucy tutted.

"And the way he looks at you is just adorable!" Ditsy smiled.

I looked at myself once more in the mirror. I was wearing a red body con dress which complimented my curves, I teamed this with a black leather jacket and black ankle boots. Lucy had done my eye make-up dark and smoky and I had curled my hair. I did look quite good, I thought to myself proudly.

"Come on then girls, Daniel's outside!". Kiana called from downstairs where she was already drinking with Lexi.

"You've got him whipped Luce." I giggled.

"Oh I know". She winked and strutted through the door. Her dark, almost black, brown hair was straightened and she was wearing a tight purple sparkly dress and black stilettos that could take someones eye out.

"Come on then Leila!". Ditsy grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door. She was wearing a baby pink flowy dress and gold sparkly heels which matched her eye make up.
Not going to lie we did all look hot!

"So you got your eye on anyone Ditsy?". I asked raising my eyebrow suggestively.

"Oh no," she said avoiding my eye contact, almost sadly "not me."

But I wasn't stupid, no one gets that dressed up for nobody.

The drive to the Janoskians house only took about 20 minutes from Ditsy's and when we arrived my mouth literally fell open in shock. It wasn't a house, it was a mansion. Daniel opened the door for me before I got out.
"Thank you." I smiled at him.

"No problem, I'm Skip, nice to meet you." He smiled and held out his hand for me to shake it.

"I'm Leila." I returned the smile.

"I know, Jai won't shut up about you." Daniel tutted.

"Sorry what?". But before Daniel could answer Lucy swatted the back of his head.

Lucy then smiled and turned to me, "Come on then lets go inside and you can experience the Janoskians house parties for the first time."

From outside I could hear the bass of the music and it almost felt like the floor was vibrating. The house was dark but there was flashing strobe lights and I could make out hundreds of bodies grinding on each other. The stench of alcohol and sick was overpowering; just like the parties back home.

I returned the smile and grabbed the hand Lucy was holding out for me. It was only 9:30 but there was already people leaving because they were so drunk. We weaved our way through the sweaty masses of people. I couldn't see anyone I knew or even recognised. Normally I would've panicked, but the vodka I had already drunk and the fact that Jai was in the crowd somewhere kept me calm. Lucy kept on dragging me through the crowd, the music getting louder and louder. Eventually we stopped. We were now outside and in front of us was a deck with strobe lights coming out of it. On top of the deck was a boy playing music. When he waved at Daniel I realised he must have been another one of the Janoskians. From that I guess that it was James Yammouni or something because I remembered that my sister was going crazy about his DJ mix last new year. He clicked a few buttons on the deck and then came down to meet Lucy, Daniel and me.

"Alright Luce, alright Skip." He said hugging Lucy and giving Daniel a pat on the back. "And you must be Leila?". He said pulling me into a hug. His arms enveloped me and it felt nice. I hadn't been hugged properly in ages not since Jace anyway, but I wasn't going to think about him. I'd moved away from him, he couldn't hurt me here.

"Yeah I am." I smiled at him.

"When Jai said you were beautiful he really wasn't kidding." James said shaking his head as he looked me up and down.

"Oh stop." I said blushing behind my hand.

"And you're accent is perfect." James admired.

"James," Lucy gave him a stern look, "why don't you go tell Jai we're here?".

"Alright yeah." James snuck off back into the crowd.

Lucy and Daniel then embraced and started swaying to the music. From the way Daniel looked at Lucy and the way she looked at him, I could tell it was true love - I wanted someone to look at me like that one day.

Suddenly warm, soft arms swallowed me from behind. "Guess who?", the husky voice breathed down my neck.

"Bit early for Santa isn't it?". I smirked.

"Ha ha very funny." Jai turned me around so I was facing him. "I'm happy you came." Jai said as he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck. The butterflies in my tummy were exploding.

"Better not make me regret it." I breathed as his hands reached down to my bum.

"Oh I won't." He giggled. He reeked of alcohol so I knew he was only flirting because of that. But then what about all the things James and Daniel had said? And we'd been getting on so well. But I would not let myself fall for him, not now, not ever. I couldn't become vulnerable again like I did with Jace. I would never let anyone hurt me like he did. Physically and emotionally.
"Hey baby whats the matter?". Jai said pulling away and looking at me.

"Nothing," I cursed under my breath, I'd let my feelings show.

"You call that tear nothing?". He whipped it away and then kissed where it had lingered.

"Yeah, it's a party we're supposed to be having fun!". I said faking a smile.

"Alright, but will you meet me tomorrow? We have a lot to talk about." Jai asked tenderly playing with the ends of my hair.

"Sure why not." I shrugged.

The rest of the night I spent with Jai. The more I grew to know about him, the more I wanted to know. He seemed like the perfect boy for me.
The party finished at around 3:30 and Skip drove me home. Chatting to him on the way I hoped to find out more about what Jai had been saying about me, but he wasn't budging. I guess Lucy had given him a real talking to. I realised on the way home that I still hadn't met Beau yet, he was Luke and Jai's brother and the fifth member of the Janoskians.

I went to bed letting my imagination run wild about what me and Jai were going to do when we met up.