Repair

I ended up blacking out. When I awoke, I was no longer looking at the ceiling of the spare storage room. Instead, I was looking into a pair of blue eyes.

"G-guys, sh-she's up!"

"Geez Freddy, not so friggin' loud!" a high-pitched voice squeaked.

"S-sorry!"

I only had time to push myself into a sitting position before a pair of arms wrapped around me.

Ballora.

"Man, it's about time," Foxy said from the corner of the room. I didn't even have to ask to know that he was the one that put me back together. He was the only one out of us that was actually handy with tools. "I was starting to think I had done something wrong. You were really messed up, y'know. And we couldn't find your left forearm at all. Or your top left faceplate."

I first looked down at my lap, where I only found my right hand, and then to the overpolished tile floor, where my reflection was visible, and the large portion of my face that was nothing but exposed wires.

"Sorry."

"It's fine. I'm sure they're around here...somewhere." My voice box crackled and sputtered with each word. "Thanks for doing what you could."

He shrugged. "I can't not help my best friend."

I hugged Ballora back with my one arm. "And thanks for coming into the spare storage room while I was busy... uh, laying there. What made you go in there, anyway?"

"Your voice box was making a super loud buzzing noise. I could hear it coming all the way through one of the vents in my gallery, so I had one of my Minireenas investigate and they told me that you were in there and that you looked like you had been attacked," she explained. "Were you? Do you remember who it was? Or what happened at all?"

"No, I... I don't remember any of what happened." That was a lie.

"Well, w-w-we already checked around th-the building, so wh-whoever it was, they're long gone!"

"Yeah, we're just gonna have to look into that later. Right now, we have something else to worry about. We have one hour until the staff starts coming in. What's gonna happen when they see you? There's no way that they're not gonna notice you're damaged. Even with how much I fixed, it's still noticeable. Very noticeable."

"I don't know, Fox. We're just gonna have to wait and see."