Pinguicula Grandiflora

Something was wrong.

She felt it as soon as she opened her eyes.

An overwhelming hunger spread from deep within her stomach to the rest of her body, one so intense that it forced her upright from the bed. From the side, a pair of hands restrained her and gently pushed her back down.

"Here, drink this," Richard said calmly, handing her a cup.

Barbara eagerly lapped it up, tasting the warm and thick substance that filled her mouth. The hunger instantly subsided.

"Everything will be alright now. It is just the hunger when you first awake that is difficult," Richard explained. "Do you feel better now?"

She looked down at the cup in her hand. There were dregs of red liquid inside. "Yes."

Barbara lifted her head, studying the boy beside her. He was handsome and human once more; no longer the disgusting monster from before. But that was not disturbed her. It was her vision. She could see perfectly. Bringing her hands to her face, they ghosted across her smooth skin, right where her glasses should have been. "W-What did you do to me?"

"It was the only way-"

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO ME?!" She jumped on him and they rolled to the floor, wrestling and grabbing at each other. Straddling him, Barbara placed her hands around his pale neck, over the gaping wound she failed to notice before, and began to squeeze down.

The door swung open. "Get off of him," Bruce demanded from the doorway.

She slowly moved off of him. "What did you all do to me?"

"Since you are one of us now, there will be a new order to things," Bruce said. "This is your permanent home. You will never leave the Manor unless accompanied by either Richard or me. You will do what either he or I say whenever we order it. You are unfamiliar to this life and we will be your only chance of survival. Do you understand?"

Barbara nodded with a sneer.

"Finally, your old life is gone. You will never have contact with anyone from before, not even your father."

"What?!" Barbara snapped up. "You cannot do this!"

"I can, Barbara." Bruce looked down at her. "Richard may have spared your life, but I can easily take it away."

"I wish you would have!" Barbara howled, collapsing in Richard's arms. She continued to cry and thrash around long after Bruce left with only Richard there to hold her down.

But her wails were no longer one of a human, they now resembled one of a bat.