Ch. 4

"I guess that makes sense. I am really excited to see how all of this will turn out." I said sarcastically.

"Oh, Holly. You and your sarcastic self sure are a handful. I like it." Morticia said. "Too much talk, goodness. I know I said I like you, but please be quiet."

"Anyways, I'm starving."

"Wait, I thought ghosts didn't eat. I survived without eating for thirty three years." I Said, feeling confused.

"Who said I was a ghost? Ghosts can survive without eating, however, demons do." she replied.

"What do you eat then?" I asked.

"The souls of those who have failed me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morticia sure is one to scare people of of their minds. and even ghosts. I thought we were supposed to scare, not be scared. I can't help but wonder how those people failed her, and why she enjoys eating their souls. I guess I'll find out eventually.

"I would love to give you a tour of the whole castle, but Im quite busy." Morticia explained.

I was getting a little impatient, I didn't want to be here. But it was either this, or the hellhole, and I've had my fair share of the hell hole already.

"Morticia, why did that guy say I was your new gem? Why do you want me in this 'Cutting crew' and why am I here?" I ask.

"All answers will come at the right time, Holly." She said carefully.

"Well, I want them now! I think it would be fair enough! Why can't I rest peacefully like every other dead person? I want to know! Why am I like this? I never agreed on this!" I screamed at her.

"Do you think I wanted this? To be like this? I never asked to be the leader of this stupid place! Do you honestly think I like being trapped in this body?!" She screamed at my face. She was crouching down, only centimeters away from my face .

"What do you mean? That isn't your body?" I ask.

"Just, keep walking Holly." She said while racing past me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome to the dorms." Said Morticia. "Your roommate should be arriving in a couple of hours. I'll leave you so you can get yourself comfortable."

"Okay, thanks." I said.
I can't help but think about the last couple of minutes. It's not my fault I had all these questions, I have the right to know the answers when it concerns me.

I walk inside the small apartment duplex. It's actually quite cute. It looks a little old fashioned, antique even, it reminds me of my grandmother's home. I wish I could see my family again.

I closed the door of the apartment and turned to the left to inspect what seemed to be a small living room. To the right, there was a small coffee table with two chairs. On the far end of the room there was a small bookshelf and two doors on each side of it.
"Those must be the rooms. I better hurry up and choose one before my roommate gets here."

The room on the left side is bigger. "I guess this will be my new room."

I walk in and throw myself on the queen sized bed. This is my new life for now. Im getting a second shot at it, I won't let anyone step on me anymore. It's time to stand up for what I want.

I sit up on the bed and notice two doors in the room. I open the first one to see a small restroom with a shower, a toilet and a sink. The second one must be the closet. I open it to reveal several clothing items. "I'm going to take a shower. You can't make your new life reeking of death."
After my short and much needed shower, I walk inside the small walk in closet. I grab a black long sleeve shirt, a pair of skinny jeans and black tennis shoes.