Chapter Fifteen

The bar is a comedy bar and Ava and Seth do not realize it yet. They sit down at the table in front of the empty stage. Seth pulls out the chair for Ava. A rather stuffy lady walks out on stage.

"Looks like she isn't a feminist because there are a lot of those ladies in this city to the point where men think chivalry is dead." A few locals at the bar laugh as Ava blushes.

"Hey, my name is Susan S. The S stands for my deadbeat husband's last name. Welcome to the only place where you can dine with someone as fine as me. Right hot stuff?" She traces her figure with the hand not holding the mic and points to Seth. She winks at him and says.

"Come here sugar, your sitting in the performer's section. I hope your act is good." His palms start getting sweaty and his grip on Ava tightens. He leans over to Ava and says.

"I can't make a joke to save a life." Ava sighs and stands up.

"Fine, but if I suck. You better be able to run." Ava says, leaning in to kiss him.

"Oh, we get the sexy blonde up here instead. If you can make me laugh the meal is on me." Ava nods and accepts the challenge.

Ava takes the stage, more people have shuffled in because of the lunch rush.

"Hello, people of New York my name is Ava and because of my boyfriend's seat choice, I am up here. Thanks, babe remember who has the vagina, next time you pick the seat." A few people laugh in the back of the crowd.

"So before meeting him I was divorced, yeah the only thing I took away from marriage is how most girl's body count is higher than their I.Q. Trust me men don't look for I.Q., they only pay attention to the beginning letters of the Alphabet. That's right hun these are the only c's I have ever gotten." The crowd laughs and Seth's hand smacks the table in laughter.

"Don't get me started on Ex-husbands between Susan and I, I bet we can share a few war stories. No one ever tells you that being married is a war of its own. Put two divorced people in a room watch world war three happen, before your eyes. Just wait, someone will drop a bomb." This one causes Susan to laugh and whistle.

"Oh, and once you go through divorce everyone acts like you are wounded. I filed for those papers, it was good riddance. The only dent I left was in his bank account. I have seen people keep lying cheating bastards like they are key chains. Like what the hell? Walking in on him with your cousin is not what you want to see. Especially, when he claimed that is what all her and was not him. Lying is one thing hooking up with my cousin is where I drew a line. He kept saying she is like a sister. She was like a sister until you banged her there is the gun, the bomb was dropped when I walked in on them." Susan claps with laughter.

"Hey Susan, have you ever made love with your best friend?" Susan shakes her head no.

"Then why a sister? When you are with a dude, like him. You are like what the hell man? This is why you didn't want a family you were too busy sleeping with mine." Ava sighs a bit calming her nerves.

"You wanna know what calmed me down, yoga. When life gets tough, I suggest striking a pose. When I left my husband I had a better body, that I am still proud of. Instead, he got, my married cousin who has three kids." This joke isn't the best, but a few people laugh.

"I am an ex Victoria Secret model, yeah I bet that is a shocker. I remember my first show like it was yesterday. So, I asked my manager if I could spend the night in a three-star hotel instead of a five. My manager asked why and I told him I could just you know um keep some of that money. He laughed in my face so poor, young gorgeous me had to stay in an all-expenses-paid hotel in Vegas. "

Ava has had enough of the spotlight so she says, "Thank you have a nice lunch everyone. I'm going to head out before I start running my mouth again." She walks to the stairs and walks over to Seth with a big smile on her face.

"I wasn't too bad was I?" She asks, sitting down with a worried look.

"It was fucking sexy, I wouldn't mind you showing me a few of those poses," Seth says, with a wicked grin his eyes shimmering with mischief.

"Yeah, so I am glad it took going on stage for you to admit, I was your boyfriend." This causes heat to flush her face. Ava's phone starts going mad.

It's Becky.

"Hello?" Ava asks hearing her best friend in tears.

"What's wrong?" Ava gets only louder sobs and before she knows it she is walking out of the club.

"Where are you?" She gets a sob as a response and it kind of sounds like home.

"I'm on my way." Ava is too worried to go back to her car, she hails a taxi and tells him "there is 300$ in if you can get me to this address pronto." The taxi driver nods and Ava's heart begins to speed up. What could be wrong with Becky, it has been a while since she last cried. Becky never sounds this upset and that causes her to freak. She digs in her purse and realizes she left her coat with her car keys. Then she notices her car behind the cab.

Then her phone rings and she picks it up with fresh tears threatening to fall.

"It's okay. You'll be alright." He says trying to soothe her.  The tears start to fall.

"Thank you." She says in between hiccups.