chapter 8

My heart beat faster than I ever thought it could, beating in fear wishing we were anywhere but here. I grabbed Toms hand, pulling him trying to tug him away but I was nothing compared to him instead he pulls me closer to him pressing me against his back as i realised they had spread out, some creating a barrier either side if us so we couldn't dodge.

"don't do this now!" Tom urged.

"when shall we do it?" he asked sneering at tom as I noticed the guy standing to the left leering at me looking my body up and down.

"never!" I exclaimed as I felt Tom tense and try to quieten me. "please" I whispered my voice and confidence leaving me completely.

"naww does the little beauty want to protect her widdle boyfriend?" he jeered laughing as he looked to his gang as they laughed in support. "well i know things about you perfect Tom here that would make you run a mile!" he laughed as he saw me shiver and shrink into what I hoped was invisibility.

"thats his past, I don't car about that, I know and I don't judge." I muttered but I sounded scared.

"come on mate, let's leave em, they ain't worth it!" a short muscled guy said an I could have got to my knees with happiness and kissed his feet in worship when he nodded and started to walk away. My heart unclenched and I let myself breath and relax. Tom turned to me and pulled me into his body, burying his hands in my jacket and wrapping them around my waist.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered. Self hatred filled his voice and I pulled away.

"don't ever be sorry! They are not who you are, you are sweet and kind and tough and protective and I love you." I whispered in his ear kissing his neck and ear.

"if they ever come near you please run in the opposite direction as quickly as you can and call me I will never let them hurt you!" he begged me and I kissed him on the lips.

"let's go home" I tell him taking his hand and he smiles knowingly. "what?" I ask smiling back.

"you called it home, I like that." he wraps him arm around my waist as we walk along, me snuggled into him.

"wherever you are is my home" I tell him as he kisses the top of my head.

***

We snuggled in bed for the rest of the day just talking and cuddling as he stroked my hair i noticed the slight tremble in his hand and the desperate look in his eyes. I let him cling to me, he followed me about a lot that day, It didn't annoy me it scared me, he was always so independent and carefree and suddenly he needed me constantly, He liked to have me in his sight at all times his face full of concern and worry and every so often he would pull me into a protective hug my small body pressed against his tall frame as I would cling to him to reassure him that I was there and he was okay. I worried endlessly about him about how badly affected he was by his past until I realised he wasn't worried about that it was me he was worried about he was worried at every turn they would be there to take me away somehow and I guess I worried about that too.

As we cooked dinner we started a food fight and ended up collapsing on the floor in laughter and it was good to see the fearful young boy gone and my happy strong independent Tom back.

As we lay in bed that night i watched his eyes flicker behind his eyelids and I wondered what he was dreaming about I but I was assured it was good when I saw the small smile light up his face as he pulled me close and laid curled in a ball next to his spread out body.

I knew it wouldn't be the last time we saw his past but I knew if we faced it together we could face anything. And we that I fell into a peaceful sleep excited for my date the next day.

__________________________________________________________

hey!

sorry its short but i hope you like it especially will the amount of encouragemeant i have had thank you!!!!!!!

Much love!

peace out <3