Chapter 3: Nightlight Green

I walk out of the park. The night on the streets are quiet around these parts. I don't see anyone walking on the streets. Every once and a while a car passes by. The night seems lonely and silent. I see lights in the far and the buildings start to grow taller and taller. I know that I'm nearing my destination. More people are passing by the streets and more cars are passing by. I look into a shop window and see that it's only 1:02. I see people staring at me and I realize that I'm wearing a black blood-stained t-shirt with a hole on the back because of the dagger that hit me a while ago. I smile at myself and think of the reaction of the lab-coat dude when I disappeared.

My feet are getting tired so I decide to rest in a dark alley. It smells like rotten fish here. The aura of the alley seems ominous. I avoid walking on crowded streets. I see a guy selling second hand clothes. I walk by and swiftly take a black jacket without the storekeeper noticing me. I put on the jacket and proceed to my destination. I touch the pocket of my jeans. I feel the map and I take it out. Some of my blood flowed to my pocket and stained the map. My destination is near.

I walk through the streets seeing normal teens walking and having happy faces. I see some students. It's already 2 in the morning what are these students doing here. I remember the file I read. I'm a student too... or at least I was. The students laugh and are passing on the opposite side of the street. 2 girls... one of them has short hair that reaches only to her shoulders... the other has her long hair flowing freely. They pass by me and the long haired girl looks at me. I avoid her look to make sure that no one notices me. Then I hear a girl shout.

" Kio. Wait... Kio! Where are you going?"

I run fast and they start chasing me. Who are they. Why do they know me. I can't trust anyone... I run into a dark alley and pass some rugged looking people... and then I realize something...

They were chasing me... that means they passed those rugged looking thugs. Damn... they might get mugged or worse... Damn.

I turn back and see the girls surrounded by the mean looking people. One of them smiles and starts to go near one of the girls. I walk nearer and shout. " Hey, guys, I need you to step back from the girls," I say. All three of the guys start staring at me.

"Don't interfere," shouts one of the thugs. He runs towards me and punches my jaw, but I dodge him and punch him in the gut. His face twitches in pain. I turn and kick another right on his chest. The third one runs towards me and I dodge him. He bumps into the guy I punched in the gut. They both fall and writhe in pain. The third one pulls both of the guys and puts them on each shoulder and runs away limping.

I turn back to the two school girls that are now hiding behind a post. They walk towards me. "Thanks for saving me." She talks only for herself. "Uhm... i saved both of you..," I say questioningly. The two girls look at each other and smile. Then they start laughing. "You really don't remember who I am," they say at the same time. "My name is Diana," says the short haired girl. "My name is also Diana," says the long haired girl. I'm officially confused right now. They stare at me at the same time. "We're the same person," says the short haired girl. " I have the ability to create another me," says the long haired girl. I smile in amazement that they do everything at the same time.

I remember that I need to go to Takiko. Whoever he is. I can't waste time here. Takiko holds the answers to my questions. "I'm sorry, but I don't have time to spend here I need to go to Takiko," I say. She smiles with a bit of shock. "So you're going to go to Takiko to get back some memories... I'll go there later too," she says. Now I'm really confused. How does she know why I'm going there.

They walk away and wave their hands saying goodbye. I check a nearby clock. It's already 1:34 A.M. My mind goes back into focusing on where to go. The streets in this city are always bright even at night. I only remember stuff about this city. This city holds very unequal laws about special people. Those special people are called paranormals on the streets and called lambs by the Anti-Paranormal Central Bureau (APCB) or as we like to call them in the streets... Wolves. The paranormals, like me, hide and avoid wolves. As long as we don't do anything bad they can't take us down. That's all I remember. I don't know who I am... what I am and what the hell I did. I know now that I'm a paranormal, but I don't know what kind.