[EDITED] Chapter ♔ 20: Ciel's Closet Closeness

A/N Lol I love that youtube songs to the side. :)

Ciel's P.O.V.

A light knock on my door could be heard and knowing who it was, I simply didn't say anything. My back was to the door while I was sitting in an uncomfortable chair looking over documents.For this particular mission I was surprised. I knew the Queen had enemies from around the world but I didn't expect to find out the someone in France had such a large death wish for her.

But then again, I shouldn't be so surprised these days. Not anymore, at least.

"Sebastian, I'm assuming whatever you had planned happened accordingly?" I asked gruffly as I tried to focus.

Things didn't make sense. France has been a great trading partner with England for years. Why would a big corporation and personal trading partner want to try and kill the queen?

"Young Master. We have come across a difficulty..."

Not bothering to even glance over my shoulder, we both wait until I respond.

"Are you sure that you can't simply dispose of this difficulty? I'd like to focus."

"Unfortunately, I believe this is something that neither of us would like to perish. I've placed Lady Y/N in the guest room for the time being..."

"Did Olivier hurt her in anyway?" I shouted unwillingly. That was the name of the man we were going against. I obviously underestimated him, but I wasn't sure how he knew Y/N would be a weakness of mine...

"No, this was all by coincidence, she's fine. I knew that Y/N's sister Lottie was engaged to Olivier, but I didn't expect her to be directly involved with him, right when we planned to take action."

"What about her sister? Where is she?"

"Still in the exploded building I presume... Only the front doors and the land surrounding the estate were damaged so most of the mansion still stands."

I turned to look at Sebastian who had an expressionless face. I hated that he never showed his emotions unless it he was smirking. Stupid demon.

"So is everything still on schedule?"

"Yes, Young Master."

~

I was distracted and I already knew why. There was no denying it. Know that she was here, I couldn't seem to focus on my work. Just knowing that fact that she was sleeping in the other room -well more like passed out- I had the urge to see her. It seemed like it had been a lifetime. Whenever I was around her, I didn't feel happy. I almost couldn't stand it after awhile.

After she was kidnapped by Alois I tried to tell myself that it was all for the better, but I knew I was lying to myself. I won't admit that I'm in love with her.

I wasn't ready for that. But maybe I do like her, even if it was only slightly.

In the back of my mind, I could remember myself smiling at her. It wasn't difficult to look at her with a grin on my face, meaning I didn't have to force myself.

It was an odd feeling, and I was starting to hate it.

Because... it reminded how I felt when I was younger, and with my mother and father.

It was all so nostalgic and idiotic. But it couldn't be helped.

This feeling... love.

It's feels so futile...