Chapter 3

Noble Hastati 3

Chapter 3 Injured

6's POV

We stepped out of the armory ready to fight. Chief then turned to us to say something.

"Who's the best shot here," he asked simply.

Fingers were all pointed at me faster than a blink of an eye. They must have seen me when I hadn't join them yet. I looked at the Chief's visor and nodded.

"All right I'm going to check around here. You stay here," he spoke and left.

As he left I looked at everyone here. Did they really think that I was the best shot here?

"Why me," I asked them.

They all looked at me and then at each other. Lasky finally just looked at me and pointed at Emile's Kurki blade.

"That's the blade of a Spartan, like the Master Chief," he spoke.

"If you were friends with a Spartan you must be a very good shot," Sullivan spoke smiling.

I gave him a slight smile as I turned my head back to the darkness. My unnatural green eyes burned into the darkness as I studied it for movement. I thought I saw something, but I couldn't be sure though.

I stood up, and turned to look at the others, but as soon as I turned an Elite charged up behind me and tried to kill me. In doing so I turned around and dodge the energy sword coming at my face, and tackled the Elite with Emile's Kurki blade. I felt plasma cut through my right arm as I stabbed the Elite in the neck.

Silva held her mouth to keep herself from screaming while the others were just staring at me and the Elite in fear and shock. Sullivan pulled me away from the now dead Elite as I pulled Emile's Kurki out of the split-lip's neck.

"Are you ok," Orenski asked me in a panicking voice.

I winced and nodded at the pain in my arm. The Elite's energy sword had cut my arm where an old wound was. I looked at my arm remembering when I had tried to save Kat. The sniper had shot Kat then me to get another kill, but only shot my arm instead.

I shook my head and looked at the others. They were worried about me. I gave a very light smile showing that I was alright. They grinned nodding at me understanding. I walked over to the dead Elite and grabbed the energy sword.

"You guys alright," I asked them just to make sure that the elite hadn't gotten any of them before I had killed it.

They all nodded and looked at me worriedly. I smiled at them and walked over to my bag that I had laid against the wall. I hissed in pain as I picked up the bag, and as if on cue The Chief came towards us and told us to follow him.

I looked at everyone practically telling them not to tell him. They all nodded, but Chief noticed the newly dead elite and surprisingly he didn't say anything. He didn't know who killed it, but I knew he would in a hour or so.