Fireheart and Decision Making

Ok, so, as we all should know, there was a fire in one of the books in the first arc. Two cats were caught in the flames:

Yellowfang and Bramblekit.

And fiRehEarT oVer heRe could only save one of them.

And like, it is shown excessively with a large amount of scenes how much Fireheart is afraid of Bramblekit, for Tigerstar reasons.

So whY THE FUCK DID FIREHEART SAVE BRAMBLEKIT INSTEAD OF YELLOWFANG??

Golden flower repeatedly said to Firheart how "oh uh can you fucking not murder my babies because of their father thanks" because of how blatantly obvious it was that Fireheart was disapprove of Bramblekit's mere existance.

So Fireheart, logically, clearly would have saved Yellowfang over Bramblekit in any situation.

Like, Yellowfang and Fireheart had been friends, and at least met eachother, since near the beginning of Fireheart's apprenticeship.

And, Bramblekit didn't even grow to be a humble, noble, hell, even a decent cat.

Like, Squirrelflight tried her best to be good to him when she was a warrior (they always quarreled when she was an apprentice), and when they were mates.

And then, Brambleclaw goes off and starts being a huge jerk to Squirrelflight when they stopped being mates, so she got with a cat who was actually a decent person to her, and hE GETS EVEN MORE MAD AT HER?? AND BECOMES AN EVEN BIGGER ASSHOLE?? AND? HE? DOESN'T? EVEN? FIX? HIMSELF? AS? A? CHARACTER? BEFORE? BEING? WITH? SQUIRRELFLIGHT? AGAIN??

In reality though, the authors probably could've made Yellowfang's death much more impactful in some other way than in the fire, and Fireheart could seem a lot less like a Gary Stu, and some drama between Goldenflower and Fireheart could've been cool plot stuff maybe.

Thank you and goodnight