Prologue

For as long as anyone can remember, The Woods between Shearan and Harthome have been feared. Myths of what lurked in the shadows of the trees, and what lived in the caves were bedtime stories for young children to scare them from wandering into The Woods. Tales of gaunt creatures, with nasty teeth and hunchbacks plagued the minds of people who lived on either side of The Woods. False bravado from men who claimed to have entered them and came out alive, telling tales of horrid witches that lived to lure away married men in the dead of night; using them for cruel rituals. As the stories stacked up, so did the fear and soon no one would enter The Woods. They were afraid of what would become of them.

But were these myths true? Harry never seemed to think so. Since a young age his set of mind about The Woods has always different from others. Instead of being afraid of them, he was intrigued. How was it, that one place could strike fear in so many people’s hearts? Honestly The Woods didn’t even look that scary. Aside from the noisy crows that always seemed to be ‘Cawing’ at each other they seemed quite peaceful. Harry was the only one who dared go close to them, he sometimes found himself wandering towards their direction unconsciously. Even though he’s thought of it, he’s never gone into the actual woods but…Will he give in to the temptation that seems to radiate off The Woods its self?

~~~

Tell me what you think! Does it sound good? Bad? xx Violet