Sweet Goodbye H.S

All he could see was the cloudy sky, the snow-covered trees everywhere else and the endless pit under her feet, her bare feet. On the bottom corner of the video, he could see the date she had gone: 21st of December 2014.

He knew it was windy, he could see it clearly in the way her blonde hair blew freely behind her, as if they were trying to escape but they had something holding them down.

Her head was always in the clouds, but now her soul is there too. He remembered saying at her funeral, as he stood in front of her family and his family and all of the people he knew since he was a little boy.

"To whoever is watching this," he heard her silk like voice say over the wind as she smiled at the camera, "I hope you know that the only reason I'm taking a video of this, is because I really don't like people, and I want you all to know that." Harry cracked a small smile at that, because he always used to tell her that there were good people somewhere, but she only got to meet the assholes of Earth.

"And I don't want you to witness this as me selfishly letting you watch me die, but rather because there are a few people who I believe deserve to see how it actually happened. And that I'm happier this way, I'm dying happier than I lived life."

Harry knew that the few years before she died, they were hard for her. Even though her eyes were happy, the dark rings around them were still there. You wouldn't have seen it in the video, but he knew that she chewed her nails off all of the time because of stress.

"Actually," she laughed a bitter and humourless laugh, "I never truly lived life the way I wanted to live it. If you call living working your ass off in college only for your professor to literally rip your 10,000 worded essay- which I worked on for 2 weeks, with all-nighters- to shreds. I mean, I was forced to major in law  by my parents when I wanted to major in Art."

Harry could hear her, but he could only truly focus on the fact that it was snowing and she was only wearing a black coat and the now mid-calf length lime green dress that he had bought for her thirteenth birthday. It only still fit her 6 years later because she was so stressed that she forgot to even feed herself. And that was her excuse, until Harry noticed that the only thing in her fridge was a carton of milk, toast, cheese and Harry's favorite chocolate. And they were all expired.

"I was called a bitch and a slut and an idiot and things that I was not by everyone around me and I didn't even do anything wrong." At this point, there were tears streaming down her face, her eyeliner marking the tracks. And it didn't matter either, because Harry didn't care, he never cared. And he thought she knew that, but he was obviously wrong.

"Maybe the other girls were prettier." Incorrect.

"Maybe they were funnier." You're so wrong.

"Maybe they were better than me." Absolutely not.

"But are any of those things my fault? Being who I was, was suddenly a problem, and something I had to be ashamed about? That's what people are all about now?" He shook his head, as if she could see him and was expecting an answer out of him, but he needed her to know that he was on her side.

She scoffed, rolling her blue eyes. "What a time to be alive, am I right Harry?"

His green eyes widened, suddenly so focused on her. She stared back at him, with a knowing smile on her face, as if she knew his every move and she could clearly see him.

"I hate everyone. I never truly lived my life because I was always afraid of the judgment from other people. The reason I'll never be happy here is because I know that I will always walk on the same ground you bastards have left your dirty germs on. So, I either killed you all and was put to rot behind bars for the rest of my life, or I killed myself."